14 volt king 155

C

cdeck2429

my king just died; need a 14 volt 155 with glideslope. help; CD

Either get the old one fixed, which involves an avionics shop, or get a used one to replace it, which also involves an avionics shop.

Since I'm such a trusting soul:

Just to be sure, check the serial number. People have been known to 'trade' with other people when they have one fail. It could belong to one of your neighbors, or even someone from another airport.

If it turns out that yours was stolen, you may be able to put in an insurance claim.

Why does it take an avionics shop to slide one out and another one in?

That's a pretty expensive way to troubleshoot. What if the problem is no power to the unit? I'd want to know what's wrong before deciding how to fix the problem, so yeah I think going to an avionics shop is appropriate.

Why does it take an avionics shop to slide one out and another one in?

Is replacement of a radio on the list of preventative maintenance
tasks an owner/pilot may sign off?

Part 43, Appendix B includes the following as preventetive maintenance. It is left to the reader to determine whether the KX155 meets these criteria:

(31) Removing and replacing self-contained, front instrument panel-mounted navigation and communication devices that employ tray-mounted connectors that connect the unit when the unit is installed into the instrument panel, (excluding automatic flight control systems, transponders, and microwave frequency distance measuring equipment (DME)). The approved unit must be designed to be readily and repeatedly removed and replaced, and pertinent instructions must be provided. Prior to the unit's intended use, and operational check must be performed in accordance with the applicable sections of part 91 of this chapter.

Back