$14,500 annual!!

Bad generalization. Try operating a twin. Say that in my local maintainence bay and everyone will laugh their way out to lunch....

I plan on $10K once per year for my 421B, annual inspection, squawks and sometimes fuel. ;) but the 182 is usually $2K. :D

Double that for 421's here.
I plan on $10K once per year for my 421B, annual inspection, squawks and sometimes fuel. ;) but the 182 is usually $2K. :D

Double that for 421's here.

So far, so good with Charlene and the 414A before her, I'll let you know more in December.:rolleyes: Start with a well maintained plane and don't let things go between annuals.

Bad generalization. Try operating a twin. Say that in my local maintainence bay and everyone will laugh their way out to lunch....

If I'm picking up the clues correctly, he flies a Cherokee. Figure about 1K or so for the annual inspection. Circumstances and location certainly factor in but I think the general consensus for a real inspection at a reasonable rate is about 1K for the PA28.

Most people do not know the difference between a inspection and repairs. or the cost of each.
I'd say it isn't that we don't know the difference so much as "annual" is an event to us. That event includes both the inspection and the repairs and the upgrades. Just as going to the "circus" includes both seeing the clowns and buying the popcorn.

I'd say it isn't that we don't know the difference so much as "annual" is an event to us. That event includes both the inspection and the repairs and the upgrades. Just as going to the "circus" includes both seeing the clowns and buying the popcorn.

That "Event" is known in mechanic circles as a 13th month maintenance period. where everything gets done including upgrades and engine overhauls and it's all wrapped in one bill.

Save everyone else. NAME the SHOP.
Be specific about highlightable items, too....

Agree... Seeing the title of this thread gave me a fright so I can only imagine what it was like for the OP to live this.

Back