12V power switch location

skidoo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skidoo
My 182T POH has a preflight checklist that says to switch the 12V power switch to OFF (if installed). Mine has the 12V power outlet, but I can not find where such a switch is located. Does anyone here know where it is or should be located?

My 182T POH has a preflight checklist that says to switch the 12V power switch to OFF (if installed). Mine has the 12V power outlet, but I can not find where such a switch is located. Does anyone here know where it is or should be located?
Other than a circuit breaker, I'm not aware of a switch for the power outlet. Here a picture of the cockpit, though you can't really make out the circuit breakers too well.

Attachments

• 5279V_panel.JPG
    5279V_panel.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
It's a factory option. I've seen newer 172's and 182's come out of the factory with a 12V DC toggle switch located next to the pitot heat switch. It's normally marked "CABIN PWR 12V."

http://www.air-alliance.aero/files/sin_haw_int01_hires.jpg

That's it! Unfortunately, mine is blank. The plane was advertised with a 12V power outlet, and there is a 12V power outlet. I just don't know if there exists power to it. I'll have to check tomorrow...

That's it! Unfortunately, mine is blank. The plane was advertised with a 12V power outlet, and there is a 12V power outlet. I just don't know if there exists power to it. I'll have to check tomorrow...

With the master on the the circuit breaker in, power should be supplied to it (in theory).

If the outlet is there, I'll bet it has power. The 182S I fly has neither the outlet nor the switch! :(

Back