12 Seconds to Pattern Altitude

Yes, the thread creep is due to losing the topic of the OP struggling with learning in manner that included collaboration and inputs from others, and doing his own physics calculations and coming to an alternate universe where the laws of physics are different for RV drives.

As the OP, I find it funny is that virtually everything in this post is in error. This thread has become like the Norman Rockwell painting, where a story is unrecognizable by the time its been repeated and shared by a hundred people.

Here's what really happened:

1. I posted an experience, and a flawed premise.
2. I tested the flawed premise, and discussed my findings with others here.
3. I saw I was wrong, and admitted it.

Truly, the only portion of anyone's argument that I have disagreed with is the assertion that I ever did anything "unsafe". But that is a whole different topic, IMHO.

Sadly, my admission of error apparently hasn't been good enough for the "You're an idiot!" crowd, who have continued to bash me, ad nauseum, simply because people keep posting and reading misinformation like this post I've quoted.

For example, Cuervo's assertion that I believe that RVs exist outside the laws of physics would be mildly amusing -- but only if we think he didn't believe I believed that. Then, his post would be called "sarcasm" or "satire". Sadly, I think he (and others) *do* think I believe that -- which proves my point about reading comprehension. At no point in this thread did I ever say anything that would make anyone believe that I think RVs aren't subject to the same aerodynamic laws as every other aircraft -- but we wouldn't want anything like the truth to spoil the fun, would we? lol

Like I said about a zillion posts ago, my biggest takeaway from this thread has been to learn the thoroughly nasty nature of some pilots, coupled with the stark realization that reading comprehension is truly awful.

But what the hell. It would be a full time job to counter everyone who was wrong on the internet, wouldn't it? I much prefer to spend my time flying.

Fly safe! :D

Thanks Jay. Great post.

I'm flight planning for a 366 nm CC trip at dawn tomorrow. Sever clear there and back. :yes:

Better things to do that argue nonsense. ;)

Last edited:
Bravo, Jay! Well said. Jay, I'm not coming back to this thread. It has been beaten to death and does not even remotely align with the original intent.

Thanks Jay. Great post.

I'm flight planning for a 366 nm CC trip at dawn tomorrow. Sever clear there and back. :yes:

Better things to do that argue nonsense. ;)

Amen! We're hoping to fly...somewhere...tomorrow, too. We've got a rare Saturday off (I love the off-season!), and there must be SOMEWHERE we can go hand out hotel propaganda (that also happens to serve a terrific cheeseburger)!

If it's out there, and the weather cooperates -- we'll find it! :D

Neither am I.

There's absolutely no conceivable reason to keep a thread like this alive.

Especially since Hitler has been evoked.

Do not post to this thread...

...starting...

...NOW!!!

But...but...I finally actually saw that Hitler video (thanks to the doofus who was actually copying my posts from here over onto the RV group site) and was laughing so hard by the end that I was actually CRYING. That is the funniest damned thing I've seen in YEARS. I'm tempted to make it part of my signature!

But, okay, you're right. Even though it was a wonderful effort, once Hitler is invoked the game is over. See ya! :wink2:

Here's what really happened:

1. I posted an experience, and a flawed premise.
2. I tested the flawed premise, and discussed my findings with others here.
3. I saw I was wrong, and admitted it.

LOL, not quite that simple....you then kept the Jay clown show going with your subsequent Vx vs. Vy climb thread - displaying a virtually impenetrable skull structure. ;)

Back