100% Electric car, 0-60 in 4 seconds, 200 mile range

I'd rather buy a Kia for $19k and spend the extra $81k on gas. :D Or on an airplane. :yes:

Way cool! But I would think for 100K the roof would not be a $3200 option.

I'm planning to keep my 9-year-old Beemer going until they make the 3-series convertible a plug-in hybrid.

I think it is a significant development; if they can deliver on their promises, that car at $100k is not so bad a deal and, most significantly, it will pave the way for more pedestrian (and less-costly) vehicles for the rest of us.

Most important, is that they are (wisely) leading with a car which is, besides being cutting-edge technologically, interesting.

I am intrigued.

Feh, how about an all-electric motorcycle, 0-60 in less than 1 second, right into a parked minivan:
http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/33853/113/
-harry
Reminds me of the USS Albacore, now standing guard duty off the side of a road in Portsmouth NH. This ship was a proof of concept vehicle, diesel-electric propulsion but the first ship ever with the teardrop shape hull, now called the Albacore hull for obvious reasons. To fully explore the speed envelope, the batteries aboard were rapid-discharge silver zinc batteries. The Albacore set the submerged speed record at the time of 27 knots.

Google USS Albacore for an interesting read.

-Skip

shiver me timbers that is a lot of dough arrgh

I much prefer the a Smart Car. Sure it runs on gas but at 40-60mph it'll take a long before the scurvey dog's at the gas pumps see me.

For that kind of money, I'd just assume buy a Hummer... the ORIGINAL Hummer.

Back