100 dollar hamburger locations...

If you fly into Llano, TX make very sure you get the courtesy car and go to Cooper's BBQ. It is some (perhaps the best) BBQ you will sink your teeth into in South Central Texas. If you want more info, drop me an email.

Best.

Harry
PP-ASEL

There is a fantastic restaurant located on the airport at Brenham (11R). It serves great burgers and Blue Bell Ice Cream milkshakes. The atmosphere of the restaurant is set in the '50's. Very cool and relaxing place to land, fuel, and eat.

Best.

Harry

Enriques in the old terminal building @ Ponca City (PNC) in north central Oklahoma. Its pretty good Mexican. I've been there several times.

Houghton Lake MI has a nice place just south of the field.

Regards Mike

If you fly into Llano, TX make very sure you get the courtesy car and go to Cooper's BBQ. It is some (perhaps the best) BBQ you will sink your teeth into in South Central Texas. If you want more info, drop me an email.

Harry's right, but it's a big white van now... could carry 12 people, probably. And they even have a container of floss in the front for the return trip! SERIOUSLY! :yes:

We flew to Lockhart (50R) yesterday. We ate at Chisholm Trail BBQ at the recommendation of the FBO manager and a fellow by the name of Bill at the airport. I made a posting on the Adventure Pilot web site. Great food and very reasonable. I'm not sure it was better than Cooper's but I would hate to be a BBQ eating judge to determine the difference - LOL! We will be going back.

Best.

Enrique's is a second home to many of the students and pilots in oklahoma. What a great place for some good mexican and airplane watching.

Also, the first saturday of every month, there is a big pancake breakfast. If you're lucky, sometimes you catch a glimpse of the Tulsa warbirds or Enid's beechjets.

Drive 3 miles to McDonalds. That's about $100 now.

Jackson MI has a nice place...

Fly south about 10 miles to Napoleon (3NP) and walk about 1/4 mile to a country style little restaurant. Then there is Owosso (RNP), pull up in front of the little mom & pop restaurant there, open Sat and Sun 8 till 2 only. Get there early enough and ask for a sticky bun, they go fast. Frankenmuth (66G) Zender's will send a car to pick you up, they are famous for their chicken home style dinners. Marshall (RMY) will also send a van to pick you up for a ride to Winn Schullers (sp). And Mio (51M) has a country style restaurant at the west end of the field. And of course their is Mackinac Island (MCD). Just so no one thinks I'm showing partiallity to MI there is Put In Bay OH (3W2) you can either rent a golf cart or walk to town. It's a good long walk so get there early enough to get a golf cart. And Lansing IL and Burke Lake Front OH. I've heard they closed the restaurant at (C09) Morris IL :( and on and on and on.

Dave---will fly for food.

Fly south about 10 miles to Napoleon (3NP) and walk about 1/4 mile to a country style little restaurant. Then there is Owosso (RNP), pull up in front of the little mom & pop restaurant there, open Sat and Sun 8 till 2 only. Get there early enough and ask for a sticky bun, they go fast. Frankenmuth (66G) Zender's will send a car to pick you up, they are famous for their chicken home style dinners. Marshall (RMY) will also send a van to pick you up for a ride to Winn Schullers (sp). And Mio (51M) has a country style restaurant at the west end of the field. And of course their is Mackinac Island (MCD). Just so no one thinks I'm showing partiallity to MI there is Put In Bay OH (3W2) you can either rent a golf cart or walk to town. It's a good long walk so get there early enough to get a golf cart. And Lansing IL and Burke Lake Front OH. I've heard they closed the restaurant at (C09) Morris IL :( and on and on and on.

Dave---will fly for food.

Good stuff(ing)...Thanks! No such thing as a $100 hamburger anymore...more like .15 AMU...B)

Enrique's is a second home to many of the students and pilots in oklahoma. What a great place for some good mexican and airplane watching.

Also, the first saturday of every month, there is a big pancake breakfast. If you're lucky, sometimes you catch a glimpse of the Tulsa warbirds or Enid's beechjets.
Will they be having it on the 5th of July? I'm thinking of flying out to visit the kids since we will have a 4 day weekend for the holiday.

Linden, Alberta, Canada, about 40 NM NE of Calgary, has a grass strip (watch the powerlines on the South end) and a Mennonite restaurant, Country Cousins, popular with the area's pilots. Linden is not in the CFS or on the VNC and is unregistered, though they're working on that. With the labour shortage what it is in Alberta, they're not open every day right now like they were, but the Linden Treasures and Tea House, not far away, takes up the slack on the other days and offers the tiny-town good food we all love around here. If you have to have a fancy place, this isn't for you, but then, a 2000' grass strip with a major obstacle at one end and a few gopher holes won't be to your liking, either. Sometimes the badgers dig out the gophers and leave really big holes, so make a low pass first to see if there's something that needs dodging in the landing roll.

Dan
________
XT350

Last edited:
Back