1 Day, 2 Checkrides

Wish I was that spoiled when I was that age.

N2212R said:
Wish I was that spoiled when I was that age.
Ed,
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but just in case you're not....
Kristin is no doubt a fortunate young lady to have a father who is such an aviation nut, but I'm glad to say she's not the least bit spoiled. She's a hard worker (line girl at the airport on weekends) and a good pilot. We went up in the Extra a few days ago for her first aerobatic ride. She's been accepted at the Air Force Academy and will start there next year. This summer she wants to get her tail wheel endorsement and she's saving her money for that.
Kristin is a young lady who has known for a long time what she wanted to do with her life and has worked hard to try to get there. Rather than squander her good fortune, she's taken advantage of it. She's the kind of kid I'd like to see more of in every walk of life, especially in aviation.

Well, when I was that age, there's no way I could have stashed away 10k for private and IR training, since I had to buy my own clothes, pay for my car and my car insurance, and save money for college. She may have a hard work ethic, but somewhere along the way she's being given quite a bit. Call me bitter for being poor when I was young.

As senior in high school with a 4.2 GPA, Kristin is planning to become a college student very soon. She has applied to both the Air Force Academy and MIT.

Being a brit...I'm a little confused...

How does one get a 4.2 GPA ? I thought 4.0 was as good as it got ?

SJP said:
Being a brit...I'm a little confused...

How does one get a 4.2 GPA ? I thought 4.0 was as good as it got ?
Advanced classes. 5 pts for an A, 4 for a B, etc.

Chip

Back