1.2 Vso?

Jeanie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jeanie
In your experience is 1.2 Vso used for any particular aspect of a maneuver?

This question to solve a discussion between a friend and myself

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: The concisest thread ever! (except for my post, which screwed it up.)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: The concisest thread ever! (except for my post, which screwed it up.)

Not bad, three posts to solve the issue, and one to joke about the thread. Leaving plenty of room for thread creep about 1.2Vso while flying lean of peak in your high wing, vs 1.3Vso while flying rich of peak in your low wing, and why one way is right and the other will simply kill you! :D

Not bad, three posts to solve the issue, and one to joke about the thread. Leaving plenty of room for thread creep about 1.2Vso while flying lean of peak in your high wing, vs 1.3Vso while flying rich of peak in your low wing, and why one way is right and the other will simply kill you! :D

And if it was legal to log the time without an A&P.

And it has taken 12 posts to discuss how efficiently it was resolved hahahha.

And it has taken 12 posts to discuss how efficiently it was resolved hahahha.
You are in error.

Mari had once posted a great commentary on how these things go.

Goodness! I had just realized there were no posts from the spelling nazis.

You are in error.

Mari had once posted a great commentary on how these things go.

Goodness! I had just realized there were no posts from the spelling nazis.

Shouldn't the word, Nazi, be capitalized? I would vote no, since I'm Jewish, but the spelling Nazis might disagree. As long as that's all they do!

Shouldn't the word, Nazi, be capitalized? I would vote no, since I'm Jewish, but the spelling Nazis might disagree. As long as that's all they do!

Only capitalized if you are using it as a formal recognition of the actual organization - so far as I know, there are no true "Nazis" here! In it's generic use as implying someone whose insistence upon accuracy borders on the fanatical, un-capitalized would be appropriate.

Technically that is correct. But the issue needed to be identified first. It would be rather absurd to post a response to an unasked question.

Well, maybe not... Is the issue really solved after 15 posts?

The question was: "In your experience is 1.2 Vso used for any particular aspect of a maneuver?"

The response was: "Short-field approach?"

Is this a "particular aspect" of a maneuver or a "maneuver" itself? In addition, this "solution" post has a "?" at the end which makes it questionable as a solution.

Again, look at the core of the OP question: "is 1.2 Vso used for any particular aspect".

Now re-look at the response: "Short-field approach?" Does this fit as a solution to the OP question? I think that the most correct response would be a "Yes", or "NO" answer, and in this case the answer is "Yes".

Sorry, its snowing and I have too much time to goof off today.
icon10.gif

Back