1-14-24 Cessna down at Lake Norman

Pretty squirrely at 14A in the best of times. As gusty as the winds were, it wasn't a good day to send a student pilot out soloing.
Race City Aviation plane.

Pretty squirrely at 14A in the best of times. As gusty as the winds were, it wasn't a good day to send a student pilot out soloing.
Race City Aviation plane.
A student ... your kidding? I didn't see that when I watched the news report on Channel 12.

It was not nice today at all, took the wife down to Hanes Mall in Winston today and got blown all over the highway. I think the technical term is gross out ...

A student ... your kidding? I didn't see that when I watched the news report on Channel 12.

It was not nice today at all, took the wife down to Hanes Mall in Winston today and got blown all over the highway. I think the technical term is gross out ...
I had the Navion up Saturday (I had pulled it out of the hangar as we have our wine tasting Friday night and figured I'd go recharge the battery a bit and go up to HIckory to top off the tanks). It was pretty squirrely even at HKY and NC26 and our winds are nothing like 14A on a good day. I had 30+ knots pushing me back to NC26 at 3000 feet.

Looks like a relatively new (9/23) ppc.

Attachments

• IMG_8386.png
    IMG_8386.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8385.png
    IMG_8385.png
    251.9 KB · Views: 26
I live 4 miles away and know a dozen people who live on 14A and at least one instructor (and a DPE even) there.

Back