0-300c vs 0-300d

Flyfishingpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
KC1
What is the difference between a 0-300c vs 0-300d?

Also, operating/ overhaul cost and parts availability still the same?

Thanks

As far as I know, the D has a pad for a vacuum pump, the others don't. All things being equal, with the exception of the accessory case, I would think OH costs would be identical.

Tom should answer soon.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgMakeModel.nsf/0/defc6a6dcba1e51d8525670e00455133/$FILE/E-253.pdf

"0-300-D is similar to 0-300-C except for provisions for Continental right angle automatic engagement starter drive which incorporates a vacuum pump drive."

Dave got it right.

The big difference in overhaul charges are the starter clutch assembly, it is a thousand bucks exchange, but it is an accessory, it can be replaced as it fails just like the starter and mags.

IOW you don't have to get it overhauled if it is working good.

all other parts are interchangable with all C-145 thru 0-300-D

The Cranks are different in the early and late models. and the early C-145 & 0-300 A are hard to find. lots of later versions.

it is an accessory, it can be replaced as it fails just like the starter and mags.

Have you seen this Tom?
http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/SB97-6.pdf
"At engine overhaul the starter, alternator, magnetos
and engine fuel system must be overhauled."

Seems to suggest they think some accessories must be overhauled...although it is "only" a SB.

If you have a "C" leave it that way. The right angle starter drive can be expensive to repair. Have a new Skytech starter installed on the "C". It's a better starterand eliminates the antique Delco clutch. Charlie Melot Zephyr Aircraft Engines

Anybody have their 300-c overhauled lately??? Mine has 1656 hours and runs strong so just wondering what the lastest cost is. I was thinking of changing to a 180 hp when it runs out but with the way the fuel prices have gone I think I'll just putt putt along.:goofy:

... I was thinking of changing to a 180 hp when it runs out but with the way the fuel prices have gone I think I'll just putt putt along.

You can always pull the power back, but you can't push it in any farther than the firewall...

Back