Never know what you'll find at a small airport

OH Flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
G^2
Had the opportunity to fly to St Louis, 1H0 Creve Coeur Airport on business. Found a very interesting airport, fly in, and museum. Here's an article I wrote about the trip for EAA1252 newsletter.

Gary Gembala

Attachments

• Creve Coeur Airport2.doc
    4.3 MB · Views: 87
OH Flier said:
Had the opportunity to fly to St Louis, 1H0 Creve Coeur Airport on business. Found a very interesting airport, fly in, and museum. Here's an article I wrote about the trip for EAA1252 newsletter.

Gary Gembala

Tried but was unable to open & view the article...

Word doc opened fine for me - nice writeup and very nice photos!

thearticle said:
[FONT=&quot]After a smooth flight except for the change in the Class B airspace that has not shown up on the current Sectional Chart 1700’ ceiling was 2100’ (always get the terminal chart for the area) I visit the FBO.

Class B with a ceiling of 2100' ???

I don't really wanna dig up the chart..but that seems odd....Do you mean floor?
[/FONT]

Does not download properly for me.

Can someone convert to PDF?

Thanks.

here's a .pdf version - hope that's ok with the original author. Gary? I see picture quality degraded on the conversion from .doc to .pdf ...

Attachments

• Microsoft Word - Creve Coeur Airport2.pdf
    467.9 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
OH Flier said:
Another nice article and GREAT photos Gary. I wish you'd write for my EAA Chapter newsletter. :yes:

Are you the editor for your newsletter? If so, how do you get members to give you information about themselves and their airplanes to put in the newsletter?

Looks like a great trip. Pure general aviation fun. Thanks for sharing.

gkainz said:
here's a .pdf version - hope that's ok with the original author. Gary? I see picture quality degraded on the conversion from .doc to .pdf ...

Much better, opened right up to article, Thanks.
Nice write up & PIX, LOTS of planes.

Ummm.. when and where did the Class B floor go from 2100 to 1700? Ummm...I'm just curious...not that I recently flew there or anything.:rolleyes:

The issue for me was, the Sectional chart effective December 22,2005 and valid until 7/6/2006 does not reflect the change. Nor was there any mention of a NOTAM in the briefing.

OH Flier said:
The issue for me was, the Sectional chart effective December 22,2005 and valid until 7/6/2006 does not reflect the change. Nor was there any mention of a NOTAM in the briefing.
Ditto for me. I didn't see it on any DUATS briefing and the AFSS briefer didn't mention it.

There was a notice posted on the bulletin board at the aiprort where I refueled on the way out but I thought it was a proposed change like Cinci's attempts to raise the top.

It would be nice if they had the notice on the ATIS umtil the new charts came out but I suppose that could drive local pilots nuts, and besides the airliners wouldn't care and who else is there?

It's also a pretty tight squeeze. Why didn't they just make it to the ground and just close those silly little airports?

mikea said:
Ditto for me. I didn't see it on any DUATS briefing and the AFSS briefer didn't mention it.

Pop quiz:

Mid-term changes to sectional charts are found...

A) in Marion Blakey's flight bag
B) in an FSS briefing
C) in your GPS database :rolleyes:
D) in the Airport/Facility Directory
E) None of the above

Back