Wings over Waukesha 25-26 Aug 2012!

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
Nice little airshow next weekend in Southern Wisconsin! No charge if you fly in. I'll be working the flightline on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon - I'll be wearing a blue AirVenture 2010 hat (unless they issue some flightline hats) - stop by and say hi!

http://www.wingsoverwaukesha.com/

I missed it last year due to flight lessons. But....the B-25 flew right by us during the lesson. Nothing like having only a few hours in the air and getting the chance to see a B-25 sharing the same airspace.

Any more details about flying in? I couldn't find anything on the website. Arrival times or procedures?

Any other POA'ers going here or Chicago Air Show this weekend?

Don't forget this nice little airshow this weekend. Saturday's Wx looks excellent.

I'll be working GA Parking, which is in the grass off of taxiway Alpha just west of the show grounds, on Saturday AM and Sunday PM - bright green t-shirt and dark blue EAA 2010 hat. Stop by and say hi.

I should be there Sunday if the Wx stays nice. Current prediction is tsra at 50% :(

aefd14e4-65d1-d9c8.jpg

Well, as you can tell, my GA parking area is hopping today. :) yesterday's show was great though. Still like being at the airport even though it's raining cats and dogs today. (Technical aviation weather term).

We flew down on Saturday. It was a very nice air show and a good time.

We flew down on Saturday. It was a very nice air show and a good time.

I'm glad you had a good time! What did you fly, and where did you park? We had a total of about 6-7 GA planes on the grass, but some parked on the ramp at Atlantic Aviation.

Paul Keppeler's T-33 made some really beautiful tight and low high speed passes on Saturday.

One bad thing, though. I did almost witness a stupid pilot trick. Sunday was a rainout, but the displays were still open and a few diehards were still coming into the show.

When it was clear the show would be cancelled, the L-19 Bird Dog took off VFR into 600 scattered, 1200 ceiling! I wondered where the hell he was going. I was listening to the tower frequency, and didn't hear that he was going to stay in the pattern, at least on tower freq. (He could have said that on ground freq. though, or asked foe special VFR.)

After I lost him in the clouds, I heard his engine getting louder, and saw him appear on downwind returning to the airport. On landing, he advised tower that
The ATIS was off, and that it was more like 200-300 broken, with no discernible ceiling with jagged bottoms. :mad2:

We came in in the Mooney and parked over by Atlantic. Sorry we didn't see you. We did see a few people we volunteered with at Oshkosh.

Back