August ATL POA meetup at GMU

We had a good time. Now all I need is the board names to go with the real names so I know everyone.

We had a good time. Now all I need is the board names to go with the real names so I know everyone.

Mine is real tricky. Board name Lance. Real name Lance. What a concept.

Mine is real tricky. Board name Lance. Real name Lance. What a concept.

Thank you Lance ;)

BTW, who was that you brought with besides Jeremy? I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him.

Glad I was FINALLY able to make it to an POA ATL event. Dad and I had a good flight up and on the way back, I put him under the hood for some approach work. After a couple of full approaches down low in the remaining summer heat and bumps, we were ready to call it a day.

Glad to meet everyone, even if I didn't have a chance to talk to everyone.

Glad you all had a good time. I wish I could have made it. How was the restaurant? I haven't been there.

Great meeting everyone today. Jeremy, thanks again for putting it all together. And I can vouch for the Windsock Cafe. Great food and if they're out that day you can watch the skydivers come in. Jason

Glad I was FINALLY able to make it to an POA ATL event. Dad and I had a good flight up and on the way back, I put him under the hood for some approach work. After a couple of full approaches down low in the remaining summer heat and bumps, we were ready to call it a day.

It was great to finally get to meet you and your Dad.

Glad you all had a good time. I wish I could have made it. How was the restaurant? I haven't been there.

My wife and I have been there on several occasions and always been pleased. We missed you Dave, had 14 total.

Great meeting everyone today. Jeremy, thanks again for putting it all together. And I can vouch for the Windsock Cafe. Great food and if they're out that day you can watch the skydivers come in. Jason

Glad you could make it Jason. Hope to get to the Windsock one of these days.

So that's what happened. On the way back I was going to 6500 to give Kim a smooth and cool ride but saw I would probably still be in clouds. I tried 4500 but the bases slowly pushed me down. All the while I saw you coming up beside me but down lower and expected you pass on by. Then I lost you. nice meeting both of you. Beautiful plane.

So that's what happened. On the way back I was going to 6500 to give Kim a smooth and cool ride but saw I would probably still be in clouds. I tried 4500 but the bases slowly pushed me down. All the while I saw you coming up beside me but down lower and expected you pass on by. Then I lost you. nice meeting both of you. Beautiful plane.

We ended up down low also. I entertained spiraling up to get on top and then decided, NO.

Yep, we broke off and did an approach to Clemson with a couple of loops around the missed hold (which was all the way back within sight of GMU) then another approach to Habersham County. We had to stay down below 4k to stay out of the bases. Some of the light puffy clouds we saw on the way in were starting to build up by the time we headed for home.

For those that didn't meet him, I flew up with my friend, Alan Duval. Flight instructor, contract pilot and overall good guy.

Back