iPad Games

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
Thought I'd pass along my two favourite iPad games and they are both aviation related.

1st: Zombie Gunship - You orbit a town in a modified C-130 gunship and take out zombies. You target them through infrared imaging and have at you disposal three guns. The 105mm makes a big bang but is slow to reload. The 40mm has a 5 shot magazine but smaller blast radius. The 25mm chain gun is good for picking off individual zombies and essential for killing larger zombies.

All the zombies are heading towards the bunker and your goal is to keep any zombies from entering the bunker. There are also civilians that you must save. Zombies are black (they're dead so no heat signature) and civilians are white in the thermal imaging. As the game progresses the zombies move faster and faster until you can't keep up. Fun game to kill some time.

2nd: Flight Control. In this game you simply have to land airplanes on their color coded runways. There are helos (slow), SE props (a tad faster than helos), ME props (faster still), small jets and jumbo jets. There are different maps and some include military jets (very fast). The hardest map has an aircraft carrier in the bay that rotates while you sequence jets and helos to it. Very difficult map.

Anyway, thought I'd share a coup,e of my top picks for iPad games.

Zombie gunship lately.

(its a British spelling)

Thought I'd pass along my two favourite iPad games and they are both aviation related.

1st: Zombie Gunship - You orbit a town in a modified C-130 gunship and take out zombies. You target them through infrared imaging and have at you disposal three guns. The 105mm makes a big bang but is slow to reload. The 40mm has a 5 shot magazine but smaller blast radius. The 25mm chain gun is good for picking off individual zombies and essential for killing larger zombies.

Gee how can IR work on a dead zombie?? Wouldn't they be at ambient temp???
I just hate zombie killing games that aren't realistic. :)

No, they are dead cold so black. The ground and structures retain some heat so they are hotter. Civilians and the bunker doors are white hot.

This past tour my FO was a retired AF guy who was a navigator on one of those gunships. He remarked how life like it was. Good guy too. We told lots of old military stories. His we're way better than mine.

(please don't tell Doug I posted something positive, thanks)

Here's some screen shots I just made:

photo.PNG

photo.PNG

I have a few slot machine games...

They're named:
eTrade Mobile
Fidelity
Great West

And there are some free add-ons that really don't give that much info but are free so folks use them:

Stocks
Bloomberg
CNBC Real Time
Yahoo Finance

:)

Let's see, I rock:

Xplane
Doom
And a few free arcade games.

For a real answer...

Aviation Related:
Air Wings (kinda fun... fly paper airplanes around in POV)
F-Sim Shuttle
F.A.S.T (kinda sucks)
FlightControl
iATC (pain in the ass to figure out how to play it)

Non-Aviation:
Angry Birds (of course)
Sol Free (gotta have solitaire for waiting on weather/people/stuff... there's hundreds, pick one...)
Draw Free (got bored drawing stick figures in about a week, haven't launched it since haha)

Oh and just to play with the compass, and sensors a while back, and never uninstalled it...

V-Cockpit GPS Lite (Free version)

And of course, Foreflight is hours and hours of entertainment scrolling around looking for places to go and planning mock flights to them... :) Some of them, I even get to go fly! :) :) :)

I'm lame I've never used the iPad for anything other than in-air navigation or some internet browsing. I hate the iPad (mine is really old, got it used). I use a full sized computer and / or laptop (PC). No time for games when I could be watching Top Gear on Netflix!

No, they are dead cold so black. The ground and structures retain some heat so they are hotter. Civilians and the bunker doors are white hot.

This past tour my FO was a retired AF guy who was a navigator on one of those gunships. He remarked how life like it was. Good guy too. We told lots of old military stories. His we're way better than mine.

(please don't tell Doug I posted something positive, thanks)

You secret is safe with me. (But I still object to them being colder than ambient, at least they would be shaded, and lighter on the sunward side, assuming you select white hot.) We usually ran black hot as it worked better against a warm ocean. Neat looking game though!!

I'm lame I've never used the iPad for anything other than in-air navigation or some internet browsing. I hate the iPad (mine is really old, got it used). I use a full sized computer and / or laptop (PC). No time for games when I could be watching Top Gear on Netflix!

There's a Netflix App for it. ;)

You secret is safe with me. (But I still object to them being colder than ambient, at least they would be shaded, and lighter on the sunward side, assuming you select white hot.) We usually ran black hot as it worked better against a warm ocean. Neat looking game though!!
Depends on where they've been standing and how fast the ambient temps are changing.

I'm seeing a 40+ swing in temps from night to day here, and the IR view is sometimes very challenging. With the dust/sand storms, IR is sometimes the only way to go, but even though it can see through most of the weather we get it still gets interesting.

My favorite games are

Zombie Gunship
2eun6sl.jpg

Fieldrunners
Fieldrunners_art.png

Angry Birds
Angry_Birds_promo_art.png

Bejeweled 2
Bejeweled2cover.jpg

If you want to waste a few years of your life, give Pocket Planes a try. You can build an airline empire. I have made many an overnight oceanic crossing using this addiction to stay awake.

I invested in the most expensive chess program for Ipad (around $15) and it is superb.

Stay away from Angry Birds. It is like CRACK.

If you download it, do not blame me.

I'm off Angey Birds. Not really that fun. I get it...birds....pigs...whatever.

I still think that the best game on the iPad is Plague, Inc., where your goal is to wipe out the humans race! Leslie found out about this from a few doctors, and it's been spreading like .... the plague!

Back