Anonymous Thread Ratings...

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
Is there any way to make folks have to identify themselves when they rate a thread? It's aggravating to see the "single-star-rating-of-terribleness" and no sign of who placed it or why. It just seems unfair to me.

Like I've already said, it's like having a rotten little kid hiding in the bushes throwing rocks at people when their backs are turned.

(and yeah, I just *know* someone's gonna bomb me with one star... sigh)

I nearly always give up a five star rating, regardless of the thread, when I see that. Thread has to be a real pain before I won't. Especially to the turkey that keeps giving Ben's threads one star.

etsisk said:
Is there any way to make folks have to identify themselves when they rate a thread? It's aggravating to see the "single-star-rating-of-terribleness" and no sign of who placed it or why. It just seems unfair to me.

Like I've already said, it's like having a rotten little kid hiding in the bushes throwing rocks at people when their backs are turned.

Seriously why would you care? I mean does anyone actually look at those to decide what to read and not read?

etsisk said:
Just bumped with a 5 star, just for having the guts to ask the question.

smigaldi said:
Seriously why would you care? I mean does anyone actually look at those to decide what to read and not read?
I doubt that anyone does - I guess it's just the petty meanness of it that irks me (Thanks for the star, Scott!!! :p )

On the other hand, the GOOD folks around here usually take up the slack! (Thanks for the starS, Mark! Way to go, Joe! :D)

Like I said, though - it's mostly just the petty meanness of it; seems like it's one of those things that shouldn't pass unremarked.

Silly me, I always thought that one star was better than no stars. :dunno:

Last edited:
Eh, people get their kicks just going through and marking anything and everything with a single star. I don't even pay attention to it. :)

etsisk said:

I've noticed some posters get a 1 star rating without any feedback at all. I don't get it myself. It seems to me that if issue is taken with a post, reply to it for Heavens sake. I have never seen anything Ben has posted that would warrent a drive-by 1 star.
BTW Tom, I bumped this thread up a notch also.

I think that with the death of reputation for individuals, it should be extended to threads as well.

Just require a sentence explaining why (and who made) a comment was made regarding a thread (or reputation). It becomes patently clear at what level the poster's intellect is.

Also, perhaps as bad as idiotic comments, is that other people seem to get so genuinely upset by them!

TMetzinger said:
I think that with the death of reputation for individuals, it should be extended to threads as well.
Reputation was personal from one member to another, and private.

Thread stars are public and pertain to an entire thread.

If you see a thread with a low rating and you think it deserves better, by all means, give it a good rating.

Me thinks that some people are taking this waaaay too seriously. Go outside, take a deep breath and hug your dog/cat/goat.

Greebo said:
Reputation was personal from one member to another, and private.

Thread stars are public and pertain to an entire thread.

If you see a thread with a low rating and you think it deserves better, by all means, give it a good rating.

Not sure I am getting your meaning but reputation was also public. Anyone could see if you were well thought of or a poorly thought of and if people thought you deserved better they could leave you positive rep.

smigaldi said:
Not sure I am getting your meaning but reputation was also public. Anyone could see if you were well thought of or a poorly thought of and if people thought you deserved better they could leave you positive rep.
Sorry I should have said reputation comments.

Brian Austin said:
What monkey? Are you talking about my self-portrait avatar? :D

I did not realize that was your self portrait. Now take your left arm around your right shoulder, then your right arm around your left shoulder and squeeze tightly. :)

etsisk said:

Whiner. Here's a one star for ya.

:D

HPNFlyGirl said:
Tom be careful of the questions you ask. Pretty soon they may take away all our stars too.

But if they do that.. "How we going to fly/navigate at night? My sextant only works when the stars are there!" :D

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

Back