Your Health Q&As Answered (N/A-humor)

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
(I have no idea to whom to credit for this. But I found it amusing.)

HEALTH QUESTION & ANSWER SESSION

Q: I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life; is this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it... don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat? Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables. So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain. Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one. If you have two bodies, y! our ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU'RE NOT LISTENING!!!... Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. In fact, they're permeated in it. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger. You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy? HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable!!! It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' is a shape!

Well, I hope this has! cleared up any misconceptions you may have had
about food and diets.

Perfect! I like it!

:cheers: "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may die" :cheers:

hmmm, that ending makes it sound so morbid ... so ignore the "tomorrow" part!

Works for me, and it validates my point a while ago that the four major food groups (and you want to have each at least once a day) are meat, potatoes, grease, and beer...

smigaldi said:
Finally a health study that makes sense.

No kidding.

I get a kick out of all the diet crazes everyone keeps going on. "Nooo, don't use that old poisionous diet from 5 years ago, studies found that it'll kill you quick, use this new high tech diet." Then 5 years later: "Nooo, don't use that old poisionous diet from 5 years ago, studies found that it'll kill you quick, use this new high tech diet."
IMO reasonably balanced nutritional meals (not McAxlegrease) and going on walks (instead of sitting on the sofa) regularly is most likely far better for you in the long run than the diet crazes.

I started a diet for the first time last week. I eliminated soda and drink 64+oz/day of cold water. It's simple and I can remember it. 3lbs down 47 to go.

JRitt said:
I started a diet for the first time last week. I eliminated soda and drink 64+oz/day of cold water. It's simple and I can remember it. 3lbs down 47 to go.

I tried drinking a gallon of water one day while at work. Spent most of it in the little girls room. I'm kinda tethered to my dispatch console, so having to pee every 15 minutes in not a good thing.

Diet Berries and Cream Dr Pepper is a different thing all together, about 5-6 of these suckers a day. Tastes much better than the poisionus Wenatchee water and it has caffine in it.

JRitt said:

You think you're losing weight.. you're NOT! ;)

128 ounces of water equals 1 gallon.
1 gallon water weighs approximately 8.4 pounds.
You drink a 1/2 gallon of water, or 4.2 pounds worth.
You think you lost 3 pounds of weight, but you drank 4.2 pounds of water.
Results..
For every 64 ounces of water you're really gaining 1 pound 2 ounces! :rofl:

Well.. something like that.

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

I manage my weight by weighing myself every three days. You can't really do anyhting based on that.. But you can take that number and throw it into Excel...You can then see a graph that shows you the trend. This trend is what you need to control.

I have a few numbers though which I don't break... I don't let myself drop below 145 pounds and I don't let myself get above 155 pounds. Usually I sit right around 149.

If a trend is noticeable one way or another I can adjust to change this.

I'm not a big fan of all those low carb diets.

More or less my rule is..The more crap you eat..the more weight you gain. Eat less crap. Gain less weight.

Back