My passed checkride

Meanee

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Meanee
So, today was a retake. I got a plane for 30 minutes before the ride, went through missed parts. DPE told me "Think of me as your wife and fly like you would fly her around"

My incomplete points were Turn around a point, Takeoffs and landings, and emergency procedures.

1st takeoff - normal. Asked to remain in pattern. He pulls power and tells me to land. I took it all the way down to runway for touch and go.

2nd - depart straight out, pick a spot for turn around a point. I picked exact spot that I did before in practice.

3rd - Asked to take heading 330 and pulled the engine. I showed the green field and shot for that. He asked me direction I will land in, I said I would like to land into the wind, but at this point I am more concerned with getting safely on the ground, so I won't make sharp, last minute turns.

4th - Asked to take him back to airport, where he told me "Airport is soft field, and there are 2 inches of snow. No obstacle". I landed that. Asked me to go back to the ramp, to receive my temp cert.

After all paperwork is done, took my mother and my sister up to a nearby field for lunch. Unfortunately restaurant was closed, but hey, 1st time I am landing on a field I was not cleared for. Awesome feeling.

:goofy:

Congratulations, nice job

Well, so much for that. Nothing to it, right? :D Now what?

So, today was a retake. I got a plane for 30 minutes before the ride, went through missed parts. DPE told me "Think of me as your wife and fly like you would fly her around"

My incomplete points were Turn around a point, Takeoffs and landings, and emergency procedures.

1st takeoff - normal. Asked to remain in pattern. He pulls power and tells me to land. I took it all the way down to runway for touch and go.

2nd - depart straight out, pick a spot for turn around a point. I picked exact spot that I did before in practice.

3rd - Asked to take heading 330 and pulled the engine. I showed the green field and shot for that. He asked me direction I will land in, I said I would like to land into the wind, but at this point I am more concerned with getting safely on the ground, so I won't make sharp, last minute turns.

4th - Asked to take him back to airport, where he told me "Airport is soft field, and there are 2 inches of snow. No obstacle". I landed that. Asked me to go back to the ramp, to receive my temp cert.

After all paperwork is done, took my mother and my sister up to a nearby field for lunch. Unfortunately restaurant was closed, but hey, 1st time I am landing on a field I was not cleared for. Awesome feeling.

:goofy:
Good for you. Lucky thing they got that 2" of April snow cleared in time to take the family out for a jaunt!:D

And another one! Pretty soon we'll be up to our necks in pilots on here! :D

Congrats.

Welcome to the League of Temporary Airmen.

Good for you. Lucky thing they got that 2" of April snow cleared in time to take the family out for a jaunt!:D

Laugh all you want, there was a freezing airmet active in the area lol

April's been cold for us in Northeast.

Well done. Glad the winds calmed down for this try. Enjoy the license- It's awesome!

Unfortunately restaurant was closed, but hey, 1st time I am landing on a field I was not cleared for. Awesome feeling.

Congratulations, Airman! Hopefully your first flight as a private pilot didn't really involve landing without a clearance!

Man. He should be careful. Some people I know would ask him to remove his seat belt in cruise, pop the door latch, and execute a hard slip to the right. ;) :)

Congrats!

Congratulations, Airman! Hopefully your first flight as a private pilot didn't really involve landing without a clearance!

LOL clearance as in logbook endorsement to land at that field as student pilot. Not very easy field to land or takeoff. Trees on one site with a half runway displaced threshold, and power lines right below glideslope on another side.

But I love that field. No fences, very friendly folks, benches right next to taxiway/runway so people can watch planes takeoff/land.

Welcome to a club of worthy and rarified individuals (present company excepted of course).

Back