NJ legislators want to prohibit taking pictures of airports

MSmith

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Mark Smith
Two NJ leglislators want to prohibit taking pictures of any NJ airport, as part of a bill to prohibit taking pictures of things like water plants and refineries.

NJ.com article

Those of us in NJ need to contact our legislators to express our opinions.

MSmith said:
Two NJ leglislators want to prohibit taking pictures of any NJ airport, as part of a bill to prohibit taking pictures of things like water plants and refineries.

Idiots!

Brilliant. Send all the airport bums to jail. I have yet to see a professional rent-a-guard that can hold a candle up to the local airport bum when it comes to airport happenings.

Idgets.

MSmith said:

NJ.com article

Those of us in NJ need to contact our legislators to express our opinions.

Not just photographing, but "observing for an extended period of time". Guess they'll have to arrest the 13 year old kid at the airport fence who spends too much time "observing"

Un-freakin-believable! These morons obviously have little else to do in their senatorial duties. :mad:

smigaldi said:
How about Moronic Idiots??

I willing to label them that

Idjit? Always a handy one for silly things like this.

Anyone wanna guess whether such legislation has a hope of passing judicial/constitutional muster? Works on military bases, because the Constitution allows Congress to make rules for the military. I'm not at all sure it would hold water in the civilian world.

It's just painful knowing that there will probably be a bunch of people that agree with these guys. Sometimes you feel as if being a pilot/aviation geek makes you some kind of mutant.

Joe Williams said:
Idjit? Always a handy one for silly things like this.

Anyone wanna guess whether such legislation has a hope of passing judicial/constitutional muster? Works on military bases, because the Constitution allows Congress to make rules for the military. I'm not at all sure it would hold water in the civilian world.

The key for that one is that you have to be ON the base for photos to be prohibited. If you are on public land you can take as many pictures as you want of planes taking off. There is a whole group of people that do that for a hobby then go online and log the contact and id numbers so the planes can be tracked. They are called plane spotters and are mostly middle age men. They even get together to exchange photos and such.

I contacted the AOPA regional guy about this.

He says that they're watching it, but they aren't too worried yet because the local media are blasting it on Freedom of Speech.

I wonder if they are idiots going in or they just get that way after they take office.

AdamZ said:
I wonder if they are idiots going in or they just get that way after they take office.

Well ... this IS New Jersey .... :D

AdamZ said:
My experience long ago as a newspaper reporter was that apparently on election night, the winning candidate is lobotomized by persons unknown during the celebratory party. The folks who lose the elections don't seem to suffer the same brain drain.

We'd just head back to the newsroom and have pizza.

Edit: After further reflection, I have concluded that this may be outdated info. My ex-neighbor in Orlando was elected to Congress a few years ago, and he was an idiot before the election as well. Now he's simply a fat idiot.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of New Jersey airports from the air.
There goes the security of NJ. Thank goodness lawless people like me won't be able to do this soon.
Morons.
I hate nonsense like this.

The ban on photography of subways in NYC died a rapid death, hopefully this will too.

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    795.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 095.jpg
    Picture 095.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 14
  • Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 9
infotango said:
There goes the security of NJ.

Psst......that middle one is in Pennsylvania. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't want you to get lost ....

I heard on the radio that after a committee hearing where the media (who could be arrested for doing a story outside an airport or refinery) and environmental groups (who want to videotape plants putting nasty things into the air) managed to convince the sponsors that the bill needs work. I don't think aviation got involved yet.

infotango said:
There goes the security of NJ. Thank goodness lawless people like me won't be able to do this soon.
Morons.
I hate nonsense like this.

The ban on photography of subways in NYC died a rapid death, hopefully this will too.

The NJ state troopers are tracking you down as we type!:hairraise:

MSmith said:
Well ... this IS New Jersey

How anyone can live in that Nanny state is beyond me. I don't even like flying over it. Whenever I got to NJ to visit family, I get the feeling I am in occupied territory. Its weird. Part of our family moved to NJ and part to suburban PA during the mass exodus from Philly in the 50's. We stayed in PA. The difference in poliitcal, societal and personal attitudes of the families is staggering.

MSmith said:
Psst......that middle one is in Pennsylvania. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't want you to get lost ....
Shhh... I was hoping nobody would notice, it's actually Lancaster. ;)
I don't usually take pictures of airports anyways since the results are usually as discouraging as the other two pictures!

Anthony said:
How anyone can live in that Nanny state is beyond me. I don't even like flying over it. Whenever I got to NJ to visit family, I get the feeling I am in occupied territory. Its weird. Part of our family moved to NJ and part to suburban PA during the mass exodus from Philly in the 50's. We stayed in PA. The difference in poliitcal, societal and personal attitudes of the families is staggering.

Speaking for those of us who live here, we welcome your decision to avoid us.

1/2 :D

MSmith said:
Speaking for those of us who live here, we welcome your decision to avoid us.

1/2 :D

Its not a slam on the people, but the government and elected officials that make these stupid laws. The corrupt political process in NJ is well known. However, that the populace allows this to occur to the extent it has defies logic.

No :D to the politicians. Big :D to the resident pilots there.

Anthony said:

My family left duing the 1770s. We used to own the land your state house sits on. Loyalists during the rebellion, and all that. :D

Whenever I get in a situation where I can respond to something such as the above, I always love to look the person right in the face and loudly say..

"Do you work hard at being this stupid.. or does it just come natural!".. then I turn around shaking my head as I walk away.

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

MSmith said:
It's the same water as the other side of the Delaware ....

Mark. We're just kidding around. There are many things that make the "Garden State" a great place to live. The politics ain't one of them.

P.S. Delaware River water is at least a liquid while the Schuylkill River's is a semi-solid at any temperature not measured by the Kelvin scale. :rofl:

Oh, don't worry. I'm not taking it too seriously.

You can't live in Jersey and take ANYTHING too seriously.

Back