Votes: 10 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JasonCT

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
JasonCT
Ok so as I was sitting here reading the threads a thought occured to me that I almost never drink coffee anymore as a hot beverage. Maybe with pie of something after dinner but that is about it.
Tea has become for favorite "hot" drink.

So what are you all drinking?

Tea, Coffee, Other? :cheers:

Soon as I get to my desk, nice hot decaf coffee.

At home, water or ice cold decaf tea.

Yes, I know drinking decaf coffee or tea is like having sex with a condom, but it's better than nothing (much like sex with a condom LOL). Decaf is verbotten for me... can life really be worth living like that?? :dunno: :)

Interesting research has come from the American Heart Association that people who are Cholesterol challanged, may experiance higher cholesterol from drinking Decaf Teas and Coffees, I have actually switched to reg. tea after finding that black Tea has about 60% less caffine than coffee.

Food for thought.

Coffee...HOT
Tea.......Iced
Beer......Ice cold!
Bourbon...Straight...or over ice.
Scotch.....NEVER!

Tea: Hot prefered. Iced tea if necessary.
Coffee: Never. I've tried it but just don't like the stuff at all.

Coffee makes me break out in hives. I love hot tea at night before bed time though.

Last edited:
Frank Browne said:
Coffee...HOT
Tea.......Iced
Beer......Ice cold!
Bourbon...Straight...or over ice.
Scotch.....NEVER!
That's why we could be friends, Frank. I'll share about anything except the Scotch!

-Skip

Skip Miller said:
That's why we could be friends, Frank. I'll share about anything except the Scotch!

-Skip

I tried, but I could never really get past the aroma of Scotch. eeewww I suppose it's an aquired taste. Beer on the other hand...mmmmm...me like.

Just MHO Skip, but I view everyone here as friends already. :yes: :)

Coffee's taste has never lived up to it's smell, for me. I only drank it when I had to be up all night (like when the cows got loose) until Jolt cola came along.

Down here in South Louisiana it's tradition to drink coffee when guest drop by to visit. It doesn't matter if it's winter or summer, morning or evening we drink coffee from 5 years to grave yard dead :yes: So, if any of you ever fly down here, drop by and have a cup, on me!

Tea. I start every morning with a mug of tea and either the newspaper or a book.

Coffee in Italy is quite quite good. most other places I've tried it, it's tolerable and that's about it. oh, except for Dunkin Donuts, I actually like their coffee. I have a manual espresso maker at home (and Italian coffee) which is pretty decent but still not as good as the real thing.

RotaryWingBob said:
Yes, and you know the slogan...

"Beer. It's not just for breakfast anymore."

Oh your talking for breakfast? Then its shots and beer. :)

I'm pleasantly surprised at the number of aviating tea-drinkers here. How Anglophilic of you ... :).

Me, I usually need the coffe to stay awake ....

I'm surprised no one has made a "coffee, tea, or me" joke yet. :)

I was considering making a "tea, earl grey, hot" comment, except that I happen to hate earl grey. (Does anyone else fight the urge to say "Engage!" on the takeoff roll?) :)

Put me down for a Chai.

--Kath

Dark roast, thick and black please. I like Starbucks Gold Coast but Caribou Rainforest Blend is better. Buttery. Grind whole beans and drip brew it.

I cut back to 2/3 of a pot vs. the whole thing.

kath said:
I'm surprised no one has made a "coffee, tea, or me" joke yet. :)

I was considering making a "tea, earl grey, hot" comment, except that I happen to hate earl grey. (Does anyone else fight the urge to say "Engage!" on the takeoff roll?) :)

Put me down for a Chai.

--Kath

OK... Coffee, Tea, or You? You already live where I want to live, how do you feel about polygamy and small children?

And I once was taking a 172 eastbound with 40+ knot headwinds - I would have KILLED for an ability to "engage" a warp drive. I pushed against the panel, but it wouldn't go any faster.

Milk, although it's now 2%, other wise it's 100 proof Pepsi. When we go out it's ice tea. Haven't had a cup of regular coffee since our daughter was born. She just turned 40. Man I'm getting old.
Ron

For a hot drink, I'm a tea drinker. Never really got the taste for coffee (except ice cream and chocolate-coated beans).

But most of the time, I drink cold soft drinks. I know, I know....:rolleyes:

CapeCodJay said:
Tea, Coffee, Other? :cheers:

Other, or maybe "Yes" would be a better answer.

I don't do black coffee. I'm a coffee wimp, and it's at least gotta be tamed with some cream and sugar. Better yet, Double Dutch Chocolate or something like that that's pre-tamed. Black coffee is a vile substance.

I also do Starbucks Frappucino now and then. And their ice cream is to die for. The Second Evil Empire has managed to rein me in, even though I'm a "non-coffee-drinker!"

Tea, when someone makes it. Good stuff. Though, I probably do Long Island iced teas as often as any. :D :cheers:

Other, however - I love hot chocolate on a cold day. If I'm done flying, properly spiked with either Buttershots or Rumple Minze. Mmmmm. If I'm feeling really ambitious around the holidays, Hot Buttered Rum! :cheerswine:

silver-eagle said:
Coffee for me. Hot and unmolested, as strong as you make it, expresso counts.

A man after my own heart. Can't drink coffee after noon, though. Keeps me awake at night. But in the morning, I MUST have my coffee. When I lived in the desert and you had to go up early, it was always a struggle. I would either have to not have coffee (even for a short flight) or plan a rest stop. I had to have coffee, so I always planned rest stops. I'm glad I live north now where I don't have to go up so d***** early.

Judy

Being American, I drink coffee (heh...going for the riling factor here).

But I drink it black, no sugar, and as rich as possible. I also don't drink it often, as it doesn't agree with me too much. Give me Dr. Pepper any day (actually, multiple times a day).

You dont have a option for both so i didnt vote
Coffee at work
Tea at home
also about 1 Gal. of Milk a week
Beer NEVER ,2 and im praying to the porciline god
Tequilla and tabasco (prefered)
Yukon, Ginger ale ,and seven up (for change of pace)
Windsor and ginger ale (sometimes)

As you can see my taste varries,depends on where and my mood.

Dave G.

Coffee = NO
Tee = NO
Beer = NO (Root only)
Wine = NO
Liquer = NO
Cigs = NO
Stogies = NO

What else is there..?? Hmmmmm..??

SEX = Oh Yeah.. Now you're talk'n! Morning, noon and night.. and that's on a bad day. There ain't even enough hours.

Dakota Duce

"May All Your Flights Be Of Good Weather!"

waldo said:
Down here in South Louisiana it's tradition to drink coffee when guest drop by to visit. It doesn't matter if it's winter or summer, morning or evening we drink coffee from 5 years to grave yard dead :yes: So, if any of you ever fly down here, drop by and have a cup, on me!

But one of the many reasons to visit south Louisiana. Many other such reasons are, as we read and write these notes, swimming around, just waiting to be caught, cooked and served-up!

woodstock said:
Coffee in Italy is quite quite good. most other places I've tried it, it's tolerable and that's about it. oh, except for Dunkin Donuts, I actually like their coffee. I have a manual espresso maker at home (and Italian coffee) which is pretty decent but still not as good as the real thing.

Lizzie, you need to try the coffee in Louisiana!

===

Time for a New Orleans fly-in! Lakefront, anyone?

I have a cup of tea for the drive to work every morning. Use to drink a pot of coffee at work. Quit drinking coffee about 3 years ago. When ever I go to the dentist they all ways ask, if I'm a smoker because of the Tea stains. Never smoked in my life:dunno:

Have become a recent Starbucks Chai addict. They have 'em in all the grocery stores up here. Easier on the stomach than coffee, but I never really liked straight hot tea.

SCCutler said:
But one of the many reasons to visit south Louisiana. Many other such reasons are, as we read and write these notes, swimming around, just waiting to be caught, cooked and served-up!

Lizzie, you need to try the coffee in Louisiana!

===

Time for a New Orleans fly-in! Lakefront, anyone?

good point! I forgot about Cafe du Monde, that was good too!

Tim said:
I have a cup of tea for the drive to work every morning. Use to drink a pot of coffee at work. Quit drinking coffee about 3 years ago. When ever I go to the dentist they all ways ask, if I'm a smoker because of the Tea stains. Never smoked in my life:dunno:

White Strips!!!!!

alaskaflyer said:
Have become a recent Starbucks Chai addict. They have 'em in all the grocery stores up here. Easier on the stomach than coffee, but I never really liked straight hot tea.

I just tried some for the first time today (Seattle's Best, but I think they're owned by Starbuck's). Yum!

Judy

SkyHog said:
Being American, I drink coffee (heh...going for the riling factor here).

But I drink it black, no sugar, and as rich as possible. I also don't drink it often, as it doesn't agree with me too much. Give me Dr. Pepper any day (actually, multiple times a day).

That 'rich as possible' thing kinda goes against the American trend of burnt water passing for coffee. I'll take the French or Italian coffee over America, even Starbucks, anytime.

Love my coffee. Several times a day. Now I know why ---

New research is confirming the near-miraculous health benefits associated with your morning cuppa coffee:

1. It can reduce diabetes risk up to 54%.

2. Cut colon cancer risk by 25%.

3. Cut your gallstone risk by 50%.

4. Reduce risk for liver disease by a whopping 80%.

(Believe it or not. From alternative health sources. Hey, they get it right a lot of times!)

Drink up!

Back