RIP, my friend

Ken Ibold

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ken Ibold
Yesterday afternoon, one of my good friends, his wife and his partner in the airplane and his wife died in a crash shortly after takeoff from the airport near their vacation homes in the Bahamas. The airplane was the Lance in which I had been a partner until a couple of years ago. RIP, Dennis, my brother. I will miss you.

Sorry to hear that. Horrible news...

Ken, Saw that in the news here this morning. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.I'm sure its surreal for you being both your friend and the plane that you flew.

It doesn't get much closer. RIP for your people. There but for the grace of Murphey go us all.

Ken, I include your friends, and those knew and loved them, in my prayers.

Ken, that is terrible. Thoughts and prayers for you and them, and their families. I am so sorry for your loss.

It sure hurts when it hits close to home. Sorry for your loss, may they R.I.P.

Condolences to all. We lost our best friends and airplane partners in a similar situation in 1987 and still think about it when reading about such stories. RIP.

Sorry for your loss, Ken.

We're a pretty small community, which makes it that much more difficult to hear about these; so sorry.

Sorry to hear that Ken. :sad:... Their memories will live on..:yesnod:

Godspeed fellow aviators.

Ken, our condolences as well. Prayers for comfort and peace for you, friends and family over your loss.

Very sad, Ken. I am truly sorry to hear about the loss. Condolences to you and their family.

I found this poem on another web site I read about flying and thought it seemed like a nice thing to share... Clear skies and tailwinds to those in need

Flight is freedom in its purest form,
To dance with the clouds which follow a storm;

To roll and glide, to wheel and spin,
To feel the joy that swells within;

To leave the earth with its troubles and fly,
And know the warmth of a clear spring sky;

Then back to earth at the end of a day,
Released from the tensions which melted away.

Should my end come while I am in flight,
Whether brightest day or darkest night;

Spare me your pity and shrug off the pain,
Secure in the knowledge that I'd do it again;

For each of us is created to die,
And within me I know,
I was born to fly.

— Gary Claud Stokor

Ken, sorry for your loss, and that of their families. As others have said, that hits really close to home.

Ken, sorry for your loss, and that of their families. As others have said, that hits really close to home.

I have this picture in my mind of Ken and the Lance parked by the corner of the parking area at Gaston's. It is never easy to hear of people being lost in plane crashes - it is that much worse when it is a plane you knew, personalizes it so much. That you lost friends... and I know you would not have partnered with slipshod pilots, either.

If and when you learn more, please tell us - not from morbid curiosity, but rather, so they can tell us something more.

No words for it Kent.

Resolve to fly as safely as you can as a tribute.

Condolences.

So sorry to hear of this. My thoughts and prayers form you and theirs

Sorry for the loss of your friend Ken. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the pilots family and friends.

This is really sad for you, condolences to you and the family, Ken, and if you find out anything about the accident, please let us know if possible.

No official preliminary report from NTSB. I have poked around a bit and was disturbed with what I found. The wreckage was off the north end of Runway 32, east of the runway centerline. I found a historical weather report that said the wind was out of the SSW at 20 knots, gusting to 28. Even with a 7000-foot runway, that is a mighty big tailwind component. If true, we have a basic lack of airmanship involved.

Attached, N8415C in happier days, at Gastons.

Attachments

• Lance Gastons2.jpg
    Lance Gastons2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
Back