GOOOOOD Morning POAaaaa!

First lesson today! I may be slightly excited. ;)

Oh gawd.....(rolling over, going back to sleep)

I hated that in my college rommate, and I hate it even more now. Grounds for justifiable homicide....

Grumble, grumble, rained hard all night, with snow above 1500', and more on the way. Glad I got my lawn mowed yesterday.

St.Patties day, ba humbug, remember it's Green for the Catholics and Orange for the Protestants.

Growing up as a Protestant in a Catholic neighborhood, St. Patties Day was a Day to get your butt kicked.

Times have changed.

Beautiful day here! Off to the airport here directly...

...morning to you all, too!

Going flying somewhere today. Maybe Grand Rapids, Michigan? Haven't decided. Any suggestions? Using a mighty Cessna 172 from West Chicago, Dupage.

I flew yesterday... today is staining the new windows and doing yard work. Bleh. But it looks like it will be awfully nice out, aside from the humidity.

My cat is dying. I didn't think he would make it through the night. He is on my lap, unable to barley move. It is not a Cheerios morning. He does not seem to be in any pain, but he will not make it more than a few more hours.

He is a very tough old alley tom cat I rescued years ago. Every one of my neighbors dogs are afraid of him, he hates dogs. Its been about eight or ten years since I caught him spraying my store. I had him neutered and took care of all his medical issues. He was nothing but muscles and covered with scars. He had mange, most of his fur was gone. He was one ugly cat. He had a huge face and head, so I called him Mr. Big Face. Now after years, it's just "Face" He became domesticated, his fur grew back so you could only see a few of his war wounds, his head returned to a normal size. No dogs, no matter what their size or numbers were allowed on my property. All my neighbors have dogs. Now I'm going to have to start cleaning up after my neighbors dogs.

He is skin and bones now. I have been giving him intravenous type liquids for over a year now, but you don't put it in his veins, just under his skin. He has failing kidneys and the feline form of aids, whatever that is called.

This is a crappy morning. Face is dying.

-John

Wake up, wake up, it's the first of the moooooonth! (Song by Bone Thugs & Harmony)

Nothing going on here but wind and more wind. So no flying today or pretty much anything else, slept in.

Took this weekend off for folk dancing. It's the Memfest Contra dance weekend here. Danced last night, will hit two dances today and one tomorrow.

Just nothing like swinging beautiful women around the dance floor for a couple hours. Not much talking involved, they all go home to the hubby or significant other later.

He is skin and bones now. I have been giving him intravenous type liquids for over a year now, but you don't put it in his veins, just under his skin. He has failing kidneys and the feline form of aids, whatever that is called.

This is a crappy morning. Face is dying.

-John
Sorry about you cat. The disease is FIV (feline immunodifiency virus).

Again, sorry about your friend.

Self-grounded this weekend with a nasty head cold. Not much celebrating, mostly laying back in the easy chair with a dog in my lap waiting to either die or get over it.

The last time a I heard that Gooooooood Morning greeting was in Saigon, 1967.

Sorry about you cat. The disease is FIV (feline immunodifiency virus).

Again, sorry about your friend.

He died about five minutes ago, 6:50pm. He never seemed to be in pain or discomfort. I had set up a bed for him with a heating pad on low a few weeks ago. He had an insatiable thirst, so I got one of those electric fountain pet water bowls for him & had it beside his bed.

I guess he had a good passing, he seemed OK with it. Had he displayed any discomfort, I would have hastened it at the vets office. I'll leave him where he is so my other animals can say their goodbyes, if animals do that sort of thing, I don't know. I'll bury him in the morning.

I've lived here for almost thirty years, I've got pets buried all over my yard and along side my house. You'd think I'd get used to it, but no, I haven't.

John

Sorry to hear about Face. Losing pets is tough. We got a call from my wife's sister last night at 2 am saying her dog died suddenly. She has no children other than her dog. She's having a tough day.

He died about five minutes ago, 6:50pm. He never seemed to be in pain or discomfort. I had set up a bed for him with a heating pad on low a few weeks ago. He had an insatiable thirst, so I got one of those electric fountain pet water bowls for him & had it beside his bed.

I guess he had a good passing, he seemed OK with it. Had he displayed any discomfort, I would have hastened it at the vets office. I'll leave him where he is so my other animals can say their goodbyes, if animals do that sort of thing, I don't know. I'll bury him in the morning.

I've lived here for almost thirty years, I've got pets buried all over my yard and along side my house. You'd think I'd get used to it, but no, I haven't.

John

Sorry to hear that John, you gave that ol alley cat a new lease on life and took good care of him. Rumor has it he was POed after you had his "pockets picked", but forgave you after all the love and care you gave him over the years.

One way I judge people is by the way they treat and care for animals.

Good friends are hard to find, and even tougher to lose.

"The lion sleeps tonight."

Last edited:
Critters is good people. Sorry for your loss.

John, Sorry for your loss. I know what it's like to lose a loved one. One of our cats, whom we raised from 6 weeks old, went over the bridge after eighteen years with us. And, of course, it came on the day of my father's memorial service. I'm sure that Face was family, and, again, my condolences.

In an attempt, however, to put a positive note back into this thread, I went flying for the first time this year today. And I went with none other than our own ScottM, who's been somewhat absent lately. We both got in three approaches, and I have to say that my landing in his plane was better than his! :)

One way I judge people is by the way they treat and care for animals.

Dad always said "never trust a man who won't pet your dog."

I apply that sentiment to cats too.

Sorry for your loss, John.

A wise man once told me any day you can wake up, put your feet on the ground, get up and look in the mirror is a good day. The rest is easy. ;)

A wise man once told me any day you can wake up, put your feet on the ground, get up and look in the mirror is a good day. The rest is easy. ;)
It's MUCH better if the mirror fogs over when you do that!:rofl:

John, so sorry you lost your little friend. We surely do get attached to our pets. I've got three birds and two cats currently so I'll get to go through that a few more times in my life, although the Parrot will probably outlive me. ;)

Yesterday our EAA Chapter flew 68 Young Eagles. We got to the airport around 8:00 am and were there until 4:00 pm, left for an hour to do some shopping and then back again for our chilli cook off last night and home around 8:30 pm. It was a full day at the airport.

Sorry for the loss of your good friend Mr. Big Face, John. Such experiences are never good, however reflecting on all those years of having rescued and befriended such a great companion should be positive, as well as your efforts in keeping him comfortable in his last hours of a good life should too. How we treat our furry dependents is a measure of our humanity, IMO and you ought to be able to sleep well for your efforts.

Thanks for all the well wishes, I appreciate them. I just now buried him beside my house. I came inside and my neighbors dog, a big lab looking thing, probably the one who was most terrified of Face, was out in my yard. Do they somehow know?

His owner had come into my house a few years ago, the dog had the bad judgment to follow. I got fairly cut up pulling them apart. She took her dog home and came back to finish whatever we were talking about.

Then we heard her dog screaming up in their yard, (their house is above mine on the side of a hill). We both went running up there and it was Face attacking her dog again. He was so ****ed off about that dog daring to come in his house, he had set about insuring that it would never happen again. It never did.

Anyway, he was a great old cat, the ones we rescue usually are.

I have two more rescues living with me, and that pigeon in his big fancy aviary. I just finished building it a few months ago. I figured there will be others along, so I might as well do it right. It is built to match the house in design and color. Before that the bird had lived in a large dog transport cage. He seems a whole lot happier now, but then, how do you tell when a pigeon is happy?

John

I have two more rescues living with me, and that pigeon in his big fancy aviary. I just finished building it a few months ago. I figured there will be others along, so I might as well do it right. It is built to match the house in design and color. Before that the bird had lived in a large dog transport cage. He seems a whole lot happier now, but then, how do you tell when a pigeon is happy?

John
He ****'s on you.

Just catching up on posts and read about Face, John. Sorry you lost your buddy.

John

So sorry...I never get used to it either. :sad:

Beautiful day here. :D

Is there such thing as amphibious skis ? Or floats with retractable skis ?? :dunno:

482978_10150601849901439_525911438_9024120_225026600_n.jpg

:goofy:

That boy is down on his luck! Maybe he needs to do a few jumping jacks to get his heart rate up and change his attitude! :goofy:

Grumble.....moan.........f***ing morning........grumble........raining.......can't fly........................................................I'll wait till later & try again.

-John

Back