Another Checkride Passed Post

TedR3

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ted
So I passed my private pilot checkride today at Wings Field outside of Philly without any drama. I did have a disagreement with the examiner regarding airspace on the sectional (but I kept my opinion to myself). Maybe I'll devote another thread to that.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts on the forum. I don't post too often but I'm a very regular reader. I've learned a ton just by following the back and forth on this forum.

I read a lot about "how can we save GA?" or "how can we improve the percentage of student pilots who stick with it?". I think communities like PoA are a huge help.

Anyway, a special thanks also to Rob Schaffer who was my mentor through this process and got to absorb my occasional whining and negativity, and to Dr. Bruce who helped me navigate the FAA medical maze and keep flying.

Ted

So I passed my private pilot checkride today at Wings Field outside of Philly without any drama. I did have a disagreement with the examiner regarding airspace on the sectional (but I kept my opinion to myself). Maybe I'll devote another thread to that.

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who posts on the forum. I don't post too often but I'm a very regular reader. I've learned a ton just by following the back and forth on this forum.

I read a lot about "how can we save GA?" or "how can we improve the percentage of student pilots who stick with it?". I think communities like PoA are a huge help.

Anyway, a special thanks also to Rob Schaffer who was my mentor through this process and got to absorb my occasional whining and negativity, and to Dr. Bruce who helped me navigate the FAA medical maze and keep flying.

Ted

Congratulations!

Ted thats great! congrats! Who was your CFI at LOM and what plane did you use? I didn't know you got past the med issue. Thats wonderful. You'll have to come hangar fly with us there in the spring and summer.

AWSOME TED!! Congratulations! I knew you could do it without problem. Today was a great weather day too and probably better than the day you cancelled the other week. Good decision!

Give me a call with the details if you have time after your cheeks relax from all that smiling :D , love to hear about it.

Congrats Ted!

Now you have a license to learn.
I'm sure you'll be amazed by how much there is to learn.

I am every time I go flying.

CONGRATS, TED!!!

Now you can go commit aviation anytime you please!

You should; I'm curious.

Ted
You're welcome, and congratulations! :cheerswine:

Congratulations Ted!

Yes, there is a ton to be learned on this site without even posting. I'm a pretty gabby sort of fellow, so I post, but it's not really necessary. There is so much good information here, that usually someone has already posed the question that's on your mind.

Keep us posted on your flying.

Who was your CFI at LOM and what plane did you use?

Kevin until he left for Air Wisconsin and then Dave S.

Although I flew all of the 172s there, I took the ride in N51590, which is my favorite now that the DG has been replaced. Dave tells me that about half of his primary students are in the Cirrus now. That seems crazy to me.

Welcome to the League of Temporary Airmen.

Kevin until he left for Air Wisconsin and then Dave S.

Although I flew all of the 172s there, I took the ride in N51590, which is my favorite now that the DG has been replaced. Dave tells me that about half of his primary students are in the Cirrus now. That seems crazy to me.

Ah just flew with a friend Geoff Hopkins in 590 on Saturday. As for the Cirrus thing may seem crazy but I belive it. Lots of folks with mucho dinero who want the wizbang panel etc. The New FBO there is a big Cirrus group as well. They just got a beautiful new perspectis on the line. Saweet.

Back