White House petition on fees for chart data

poadeleted20

Deleted
Last edited:
I'd be happy to sign a paper petition.

I'm not registering in order to sign the petition.

I have signed, and have no qualms about registering. The scope of required information is very limited.

Why do people thing thes petitions mean a thing?

Its an election year comming up and millions of college kids and the underclass dont give a flying bird turd about those that fly planes want.

In thier eyes were all rich and need to pay our "fair share".

Signed. I don't "need" charts to fly... I need charts to "comply". If we're expected to follow the regulations, we need an easy (perhaps free) way to see what the regulations are...
If I'm expected to respect TFR's, I need a easy way to to where they are. What's next, a pay-per-peek website to check for TFR's? Last time I checked, the information needed to comply with driving laws was free. The directions for filling out tax forms is free.
Our taxes already pay for the charts to be maintained (electronically). The cost to distribute them is next to nothing, especially when compared to paper, printing, packaging, and shipping paper charts.
I get the feeling that there's a company(s) that stand to make big money off this.
Agree or disagree, everyone should sign the petition in hopes that it helps create an open discussion of the issues.
Tim

Why do people thing thes petitions mean a thing?

Its an election year comming up and millions of college kids and the underclass dont give a flying bird turd about those that fly planes want.

In thier eyes were all rich and need to pay our "fair share".
You think the folks in the government don't know how wealthy pilots and aircraft owners are (and yes, folks, we really are, in comparison to the general population -- AOPA member median income is eye-watering)? I guarantee you that AOPA points this out regularly to those politicians who live or die on the basis of campain contributions, and according to Craig Fuller, those folks do listen to that. Now, maybe the President isn't that interested, but there are 535 other folks in DC who are, and if there are 600,000 pilot/aircraft owner names on that petition, those folks who have to approve what the President wants to do will not miss the point.

I signed and shared on FB, but the problem is that we need ~18,000 more signatures in 10 days to meet the requirement for a response.

That's not very promising.

I signed and shared on FB, but the problem is that we need ~18,000 more signatures in 10 days to meet the requirement for a response.
Let's hope this goes viral. Otherwise, it will be hard to convince anyone inside the beltway that it's important for them to stop these fees.

600k pilots are not giving the whitehouse their email in exchange for a silly petition.

Let's hope this goes viral. Otherwise, it will be hard to convince anyone inside the beltway that it's important for them to stop these fees.

There is a BIG reason they came up with the 25,000 threshold number that needed to be reached in a few weeks.......... They knew darn well the petition would not hit that mark,,, but they will say . " hey people, we gave you adaquate notice""" Yeah,,, My A$$.... Say good bye to free online charts.:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:.......

There is a BIG reason they came up with the 25,000 threshold number that needed to be reached in a few weeks.......... They knew darn well the petition would not hit that mark,,, but they will say . " hey people, we gave you adaquate notice""" Yeah,,, My A$$.... Say good bye to free online charts.:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:.......

Well, in all fairness, that is the starting threshold for all petitions to the US Gov't now. For anyone that doubts the effect of these petitions, please see the following:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/response/searching-et-no-evidence-yet <--where some nutjobs tried to force the government to acknowledge the existence of life outside our planet.

The deal with the number of needed signatures is that once the petition receives that many responses, it guarantees a response to the petition (even if that response is "We can't comment on this type of activity.").

This doesn't rise to the level of things that are usually not commented on, so there should be a formal response.

I've put up links to the petition everwhere I know how - on Facebook, on Google+ and on OperationFly.com....

Can we get some moderators to put a link somewhere here (like up on top by the Fly In countdown?) We have a lot of members here....

Also, might be nice of AOPA would put a link up as well.

The deal with the number of needed signatures is that once the petition receives that many responses, it guarantees a response to the petition (even if that response is "We can't comment on this type of activity.").
Hmmm.... Here are the most popular petitions which are at or close to the 25,000 mark.

20111204-rpk5pmksiem2227f5e8fexrpcj.png

Back