Flying Wild Alaska S2

JesseD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Did anyone catch the disclaimer given at the start of the show for season 2?

I'm guessing it was because of the person that landed 32ND on the beach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if it's cool for pilots to like this show but I look forward to it every week.

The junior high girl in me wants to know if John Ponce and Ariel are dating. Giggle giggle.

I don't know if it's cool for pilots to like this show but I look forward to it every week.

The junior high girl in me wants to know if John Ponce and Ariel are dating. Giggle giggle.
Well, now that John and Sarah aren't, it's a possibility!:rofl:

Did anyone catch the disclaimer given at the start of the show for season 2?

I'm guessing it was because of the person that landed 32ND on the beach.

:yeahthat: You got it.

Well, now that John and Sarah aren't, it's a possibility!:rofl:

Nah. I say Ariel has still never been kissed, but you gotta imagine she gets some *cough* interesting letters.

I say she ends up heading another show although I can't imagine she can carry a talk show without a straight sidekick. She does fine with Craig Ferguson.

This was episode #3, which means that the real #1 and #2 must not have had enough DUNT-DUN-DUNNNNN!!! crises.

Quoting from this site (article claims to be posted October 28, 2011, so about as recent as can get):
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/10/28/ariel-tweto-interview-flying-wild-alaska/

"Besides people wanting to know if you get your pilot's license -- which will continue to be a struggle this season -- what's the other question you get asked most?
If me and [John] Ponts are dating. The answer? Hell no! We're really good friends -- we're like brothers. We argue all the time and fight, but he's dating one of my good friends now, so no ... not attracted to him at all."

I didn't know we had radios in our airplanes that we could only talk to other pilots on.

I also didn't know they were called "Pilot radios"

It's still the only show on TV I'll go out of my way to watch.

I didn't know we had radios in our airplanes that we could only talk to other pilots on.

I also didn't know they were called "Pilot radios"

It's still the only show on TV I'll go out of my way to watch.
That's the worse inconsistency you've noticed? :wink2:

Nah. I say Ariel has still never been kissed, but you gotta imagine she gets some *cough* interesting letters.

What do you think those kids do for fun? I'll guarantee there's just as much (in fact, probably more) hanky panky going on up there as in small-town farm kids in the lower 48.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What do you think those kids do for fun? I'll guarantee there's just as much (in fact, probably more) hanky panky going on up there as in small-town farm kids in the lower 48.

It's the small town problem, and maybe that gets ignored in the hills, but like she says all the guys are her cousins.

There's a bit of a sham going on, though. She and her sister have been going to college in California.

It's the small town problem, and maybe that gets ignored in the hills, but like she says all the guys are her cousins.

There's a bit of a sham going on, though. She and her sister have been going to college in California.

Dear God, you mean that a TV show is not a 100% accurate representation of the truth!:hairraise:

just in the hills? Have you looked at the history of European royalty? Cousin, shmusin!:yikes:

I can confirm that. When I did a semester away at University of Alaska Fairbanks, the student resident assistants were conducting a survey to see how many students were married. It was something like 40%+ :O

I found an OLD rerun of this on my VCR tape from last year. It was fun to watch but when they described the difference between VFR and IFR I laughed out loud. They said VFR has to maintain visual contact with the ground at all times (no clouds).

Kimberly

just in the hills? Have you looked at the history of European royalty? Cousin, shmusin!:yikes:

hapsburg.jpg

An image I use to describe to my students the dangers of consanguinity.

I found an OLD rerun of this on my VCR tape from last year. It was fun to watch but when they described the difference between VFR and IFR I laughed out loud. They said VFR has to maintain visual contact with the ground at all times (no clouds).

Kimberly

Yeah. But in their defense, I don't think they are producing the show to pass muster with a bunch of pilots. IOW, it is good enough for the general public.

It is easy for us "in the know" to criticize.

Yeah. But in their defense, I don't think they are producing the show to pass muster with a bunch of pilots. IOW, it is good enough for the general public.

It is easy for us "in the know" to criticize.
Agreed. It's not possible to accurately explain the true difference between IMC and VMC in one brief sentence that the non-flying public is going to grok.

This show is great because it makes flight interesting and somewhat magical again to a public that generally associates aviation with invasive pat-downs and surly flight attendants. I've had a number of 'civilians' that watch FWA ask me questions based on stuff seen in the show and it opens the door to a meaningful dialogue about general aviation.

Agreed. It's not possible to accurately explain the true difference between IMC and VMC in one brief sentence that the non-flying public is going to grok.

This show is great because it makes flight interesting and somewhat magical again to a public that generally associates aviation with invasive pat-downs and surly flight attendants. I've had a number of 'civilians' that watch FWA ask me questions based on stuff seen in the show and it opens the door to a meaningful dialogue about general aviation.

Yes, and it is because of this show that I (once the public) googled "how to be a pilot".

I saw Pontz in a chicken costume telling kids to get good grades in school. I had to find out more.

The rest as they say is history.

I knew NOTHING about planes those first episodes I watched. And the show got me wanting to fly them.

Back