Gaston's in October

Got permission from the parents AND the certificate meow.

Now I just need a place to stay and im good to go

Got permission from the parents AND the certificate meow.

Now I just need a place to stay and im good to go

I don't know about going.... but sounds fun.... and I'm sure my Dad here (Spike) would not mind a third person

I finagled my way out of my other commitment.

I'm in!

Just for Sunday brunch though.

See ya there!

(oh...and any idea of what time Sunday brunch will be?)

What weekend in October? Do we need an invitation? I need to broaden my horizons.

I'm in if newbies are welcome. :rolleyes2:

What weekend in October? Do we need an invitation? I need to broaden my horizons.

I'm in if newbies are welcome. :rolleyes2:

the weekend of October 1st and 2nd... newbies and oldies definitely welcome! :D

I'm in!

See ya there!

Yay! I'm glad you'll be there! :)

Tim, they offer the Sunday Brunch from 10:00 until 2:00. I don't know what time Lynn has in mind. She's the boss of this cattle drive. :D

If I'm taking Lynn for an aerobatic ride, we'll go before she eats a lot. :D

Yay! I'm glad you'll be there! :)

Tim, they offer the Sunday Brunch from 10:00 until 2:00. I don't know what time Lynn has in mind. She's the boss of this cattle drive. :D

If I'm taking Lynn for an aerobatic ride, we'll go before she eats a lot. :D

I'm in!

See ya there!

Wooo Hoooo @ Tim! And I am completely open as to the time we meet for brunch at the restaurant... I'm thinking closer to 10am than later though, at least that is what seemed to work out better for most people in the two years I have been there before.

And Diana... I may not eat the entire weekend before we fly... just in case. :eek: :yikes: :hairraise:

Wooo Hoooo @ Tim! And I am completely open as to the time we meet for brunch at the restaurant... I'm thinking closer to 10am than later though, at least that is what seemed to work out better for most people in the two years I have been there before.

Well, I can easily be there by 10am so I'll plan on that but "whenever" is just fine by me for actually eating.

Re: Gaston's in October 2011

:D I just got my cottage confirmation and Saturday night dinner tickets in the mail today! :D I also found out that there is still room at the inn for anyone who wants to spend the weekend... or just the day.

IMG_0338.jpg

Base leg for 24 at 3M0. :D Wooo hoooo!

There's also a fly-in at the Valley Airport (61AR) on Saturday:

October 1 -- Flippin, AR – Valley Airpark (61AR) Third Annual Valley Airpark Fly-in @ 5:00 PM. Approach mid field from north to a right downwind for 10 or a left downwind to 28. Information: Ed Ludtke (edwardludtke@gmail.com)

Just a heads up that there will be more traffic than normal in the area if it's a nice day and it might be a place to visit for those who will be there on Saturday.

It's like, what, 27 feet down the river from Gaston's?

Okay, serously, 2.7 miles. You'll use more gas taxiing and doing your run-up than you will flying there!

I really don't get the 5pm time of this fly-in though. Wonder if that's a typo?

Do take aerials if you fly over us :D Have an added 2000 acre project about 1.5 miles east of MU24 and the 5000' runway is being excavated currently. Hope to be part of the poker run in 2012 with a 5000' asphalt runway :goofy:

Gastonswinetasting.jpg

:D Don't forget there will be a wine-tasting before the special chef's dinner on Saturday afternoon/evening! :D

Do take aerials if you fly over us :D Have an added 2000 acre project about 1.5 miles east of MU24 and the 5000' runway is being excavated currently. Hope to be part of the poker run in 2012 with a 5000' asphalt runway :goofy:
Hey, you're back! :) Where have you been?

Is there still going to be a grass runway in addition to the paved runway?

Been busy with alot of marketing stuff, websites, airshows and this huge new project :D. We still have the 2000' grass runway on Brass Lantern Airpark but will have a grass runway beside the asphalt one on Spirit Hill Airpark. We have 30 days to make a decision on the size and layout and need input from all of the tail draggers and those who prefer grass runways. So the more feedback the better :thumbsup:

I'm out. Just not going to work.

BUMP to top... it's still not too late to have a fun weekend in the grass at Gaston's Resort! :D There will be lots of fun flying, a wine tasting Saturday afternoon, and then the chef's dinner at the restaurant in the evening. And don't forget the famous Sunday brunch with the chocolate fountains and 10 different kinds of dessert the next day. Sharon B., Brook, and Christopher, Nikki, and I will be in Cabin 71 near the approach end of 24... please stop on by. In the parking area, my airplane is a bright purple and white Archer II. The weather is advertised to be near perfect all weekend... and it really don't get no better than that for a fly-in! :D

Wish I could make it, have fun. I have lessons scheduled with students Sat and Sun so I won't be making it.

Sorry you missed it Jesse.

What a beautiful day spent with wonderful friends...both old and new.

What a beautiful day spent with wonderful friends...both old and new.
:yes: And it was GREAT to see you again, Tim. :yes:

I'm working on photos right now. I'll post them on Facebook soon, and then later will re-size them for here.

Had fun at Gastons.

It was nice to meet Tim and his friend. Also it was great seeing Tom, Diana, Dr. Bruce, Sue, Topher, Merli, and Bockel Babe again!!!!!

Wow!!!! Sharon is right. It seems like we were there longer than just then just Saturday. and Sunday. ALL THE BROTHERS AND SISTERS SAY AMEN!!!!! =D

:D I'm glad I had the chance to go back to Gaston's again before next June! :D We should make this an "extra" event/fly-in every year!

Had fun at Gastons.

It was nice to meet Tim and his friend. Also it was great seeing Tom, Diana, Dr. Bruce, Sue, Topher, Merli, and Bockel Babe again!!!!!
It was good to see you again, Brook. :)

:D I'm glad I had the chance to go back to Gaston's again before next June! :D We should make this an "extra" event/fly-in every year!

It was a great weekend. :yes:

Next time I fly down to Gaston's in October, I think I'll go on the third weekend when the trees are peaking...it's even prettier then. :)

Photos. :)

Attachments

• Bruce rolling (924 x 986).jpg
    Bruce rolling (924 x 986).jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Citabria taking off (1317 x 1092).jpg
    Citabria taking off (1317 x 1092).jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 17
  • David and his Cessna (816 x 612).jpg
    David and his Cessna (816 x 612).jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Matt, Tim, Diana, Bruce and Sue (1077 x 808).jpg
    Matt, Tim, Diana, Bruce and Sue (1077 x 808).jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Diana and Bruce (816 x 612).jpg
    Diana and Bruce (816 x 612).jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Fog 4 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    Fog 4 (1632 x 1224).jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Lake 1 (1077 x 808).jpg
    Lake 1 (1077 x 808).jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Lynn and Diana 1 (816 x 612).jpg
    Lynn and Diana 1 (816 x 612).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 24
More photos.

Attachments

• Matt and Tim (816 x 612).jpg
    Matt and Tim (816 x 612).jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Tom and Bruce in Citabria (1077 x 808).jpg
    Tom and Bruce in Citabria (1077 x 808).jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Picnic table 1 (1077 x 808).jpg
    Picnic table 1 (1077 x 808).jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 33
  • Lynn preparing to take off (906 x 658).jpg
    Lynn preparing to take off (906 x 658).jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 22
  • David taxiing (1077 x 808).jpg
    David taxiing (1077 x 808).jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 19
I really enjoyed the two handfuls of people who were there Sunday AM. Sue did, too. :).

Oh, those guys weren't with us. I think about that time, Tom and Bruce were out flying around. :)

Okay, from a distance, that looked like Tom! Oops! And now I can't seem to remove the FB tag from him!

Last edited:
Okay, from a distance, that looked like Tom! Oops! And now I can't seem to remove the FB tag from him!
:D I'll go fix it. :D

I love that little smile that Tim has on his face in that photo. Makes me wonder what he was thinking (or seeing). :D

Funny thing...yesterday, Sue and I both got text messages at the same time from our husbands saying they were going flying in the Citabria. :)

Whose dogged-out twin Cherokee is that in the background?

I love that little smile that Tim has on his face in that photo. Makes me wonder what he was thinking (or seeing). :)

I thought you knew me well enough to know that...

You don't WANT to know!

(ask Clark :D )

I thought you knew me well enough to know that...

You don't WANT to know!

(ask Clark :D )

:D On second thought, I'll just use my imagination. ;)

BTW, I got several shots of your airplane, but most were out of focus or not centered.

Here is one of you climbing out, and a few more photos.

Attachments

• Tim climbing out (1870 x 1317).jpg
    Tim climbing out (1870 x 1317).jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Bruce Taxiing (1577 x 1020).jpg
    Bruce Taxiing (1577 x 1020).jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Bruce climbing out (1392 x 1055).jpg
    Bruce climbing out (1392 x 1055).jpg
    261.9 KB · Views: 14
  • David taking off (1077 x 808).jpg
    David taking off (1077 x 808).jpg