ERAU Graduate Student Looking For GA Pilots

Also, the radio buttons for "Yes, No, Not Applicable" ....... Once you click one, then a different one.... it doesn't clear the first.

Filled it out..

You'd be better served by asking specific questions.

"has your knowledge of weather prevented a flying mishap" is a universal yes.

Good luck

Done. Good luck with your Capstone project (completed mine two years ago)

Also, the radio buttons for "Yes, No, Not Applicable" ....... Once you click one, then a different one.... it doesn't clear the first.
I know. There wasn't much I could do about that in the design of the e-survey. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Filled it out..

You'd be better served by asking specific questions.

"has your knowledge of weather prevented a flying mishap" is a universal yes.

Good luck
I thought so as well, but not everyone has said yes. It'll make an interesting point in my paper.

Done. Good luck with your Capstone project (completed mine two years ago)
Thank you and everyone else for helping me out. I greatly appreciate it. Still need a few more to go though.

Unless someone's concerned about your ethics, I suspect you are being supervised by a Principal, not Principle, Investigator.

Unless someone's concerned about your ethics, I suspect you are being supervised by a Principal, not Principle, Investigator.
That was copied directly from the Institutional Review Board - Human Subject Protocol packet and not written by me. But honestly, I think you are right. Fixed. Thanks for the heads up! (I'll also be notifying my faculty adviser.)

I tried but got some kind of Java script err. I've gotten it before on this computer.

Best,

Dave

The fundamental issue I have with this questionnaire is the last question about the benefit without providing a better description or category of the environment. (I'm trying to avoid spoilers for those who haven't taken the survey yet)

There are many types of these environments with markedly different uses yet the OP has lumped them into a single category.

hmmm. A question for the investigator:
Would a knowledge of basic survey design improve the validity of your results?
O What are 'results'? O (puzzled shrug) O Why didn't I think of that?

Let me hazard a guess: Most pilots said, "Yes, it's useful to know about weather.
Is CRM a good thing? Well, surprise, yes to that, too.

More than that, what can you say? No big startling intellectual and air-safety breakthrough here, unless I miss my guess.

What did you REALLY want to know? And why? And where do you go from here?

What predictions can you make on the basis of your questions? That pilots who know more about weather run into bad weather problems less often? You don't know that , do you? Perhaps you just know that some self-selected respondents claim to have avoided bad weather because they claim to have some level of formal schooling in meteorology. Is that true? You don't know. Formal training is superior to self-study? You can't say that, either, can you? People who have simulator training think they have found it useful? Fine. People who haven't had simulator training don't know what they're missing? OK.

Trouble with vague, obvious, poorly-designed questionnaires is the old GIGO thing. The last thing we need is more garbage, in OR out.

I've given up on these surveys. ERAU needs to find another way to take tens of thousands of dollars from these students other than sending them to Internet message boards with half-assed surveys from free survey sites.

I have some significant issues with that survey...
Took it, but cannot for the life of me see how it's relevant. Especially as there was no category for "I teach it..."

Ryan

Back