Renegade LSA

Definitely not ugly. Got some cash burning a hole in your pocket? Perhaps from the sale of an airplane?

Actually, I'd like to know more about their gyro if you see them flying down there. Looks a lot like the Sparrowhawk 2-place design, but they dont' have specs on their website yet.

Actually, I'd like to know more about their gyro if you see them flying down there. Looks a lot like the Sparrowhawk 2-place design, but they dont' have specs on their website yet.

There are two of them in the hangar here, but I didn't inquire about them. The comment made was that that project is on the back burner until the Falcon production is up and running. At least better than it is now.

I kind of like the look of the conventional gear model. What are they selling for?

I kind of like the look of the conventional gear model. What are they selling for?

I don't know what they are selling for. I didn't ask.

That taildragger version was more or less a mockup. There isn't one flying yet. I saw that airplane today. They made a couple of brackets that the gear mounted to to show what it would look like as a taildragger. But it is a trigear right now.

On the low side as far as useful load goes. Tecnam, as an example gives you 600+lbs.

Looks cute
Cute? According to its own website, it's "sexy." Apparently the folks at Renegade think that a tiny two-seater with a very limited payload somehow connotes sex appeal.
I disagree. Owning a T-33 or flying your own King Air to the Bahamas is sexy. LSAs aren't so much sexy as "that fresh, lost medical feeling."
Is this LSA cool? Yes. Fun? Certainly. Sexy? Not a chance.

Cute? According to its own website, it's "sexy." Apparently the folks at Renegade think that a tiny two-seater with a very limited payload somehow connotes sex appeal.
I disagree. Owning a T-33 or flying your own King Air to the Bahamas is sexy. LSAs aren't so much sexy as "that fresh, lost medical feeling."
Is this LSA cool? Yes. Fun? Certainly. Sexy? Not a chance.

I don't know I think the T-51 is a little sexy:D

Welcome back to Missouri Greg, My mom and sister live in Independence and I drive 291 through Lees Summit all the time. My airport of choice to fly into up there was East KC at Grain Valley. Lee Summit always seemed very busy on the weekends, so I stayed away from there.

On the low side as far as useful load goes. Tecnam, as an example gives you 600+lbs.
I don't think it's quite true. Among the high-wing line, P92 Echo Super (out of production) was the lightest, with 600 lbs. P92 Eaglet delivers 590, and I think Echo Classic does even less. The P2008 carries 540 useful. Perhaps there was an early, stripper version of P92 that boasted 600+, but not for a long time, as they clearly get pudgier over time.

Remos GX is specced for 615 useful.

Anybody know anything about the Falcon LS? Good, bad or ugly?
As far as I know, their claim to fame is to be the launch LSA for Lycoming 233, which is why the useful load is 525. That engine is heavier than a typical LSA Rotax. I would stay away from it. No matter how extensive the test program, buyers of Falcon are going to be guinea pigs for a few years. On the other hand, sometimes it works: my wife has a launch hardware Kindle, still works great.

Back