Best option for LAX?

pericynthion

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pericynthion
Hey all,
I live in northern CA, and I'll be flying international out of LAX Thursday night. Which GA airport is my best option both for cheap parking for 10 days, and possibly public transport or a ride from the FBO to LAX? I'm currently thinking Torrance, but would appreciate other ideas.

Cheers
Henry

Can't speak for prices nowadays, but when I was in L.A., KVNY was the hub of all things GA... mostly 'cause everything else is much further away, and unless you were planning specifically on being north of L.A., south of L.A., whatever... KVNY was the only place that really wanted you there. Burbank, no... LAX, hell no... Orange County, no...

Not sure what the commute situation is like, but Fullerton (FUL) is pretty GA friendly.

Hey all,
I live in northern CA, and I'll be flying international out of LAX Thursday night. Which GA airport is my best option both for cheap parking for 10 days, and possibly public transport or a ride from the FBO to LAX?

Hawthorne with the shoreline approach out of Van Nuys. THere is a light rail station two blocks away that will deposit you at LAX. Last time I rode it I believe it cost about two bucks and they come along every fifteen minutes.

Google Los Angeles Metro Rail Green Line

Thanks,

Jim

Thanks all. Hawthorne, while much closer to LAX, wants $30/night. Torrance is $7 and has a direct 50-minute bus ride to LAX. Cheaper gas too.

Back