Congrats, Bruins, Stanley Cup Champs!

They're still playing hockey? I thought that was just during the olympics. :D :D :D

-signed another "Oh, we had a hockey team?" Atlanta resident

Yeah that was a bad reaction. As a Canucks fan I was deeply embarrassed by that and the subsequent riots in Vancouver.

As a Canadian I was deeply embarrassed by the behaviour of the Vancouver fans and rioters.

All that I can say is that I predicted the riot win or lose.

It seems these days that any time a group of people gather for any reason, there are a few hoodlums who join in to create havoc. At least there are hours of video available that should help the police identify and arrest the main perpetrators. With the prevalence of video cameras, the era of anonimity is now past.

As a Canadian, I've decided that I will be insulted from this day forth to be called a "Cannuck"

I was embarrassed when the crowd was booing the Conn Smythe and Stanley Cup presentation.

That always seems to happen when the Cup is won by a visitor in the other team's arena. It happened somewhat in Philly last year for the Blackhawks. But it was particularly loud last night. I wrote some of that off to a passionate general dislike (not isolated to Vancouver) of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, who is usually treated like he was Steve Bartman, and looks just as dorky.

As a Canadian I was deeply embarrassed by the behaviour of the Vancouver fans and rioters.

All that I can say is that I predicted the riot win or lose.

It seems these days that any time a group of people gather for any reason, there are a few hoodlums who join in to create havoc. At least there are hours of video available that should help the police identify and arrest the main perpetrators. With the prevalence of video cameras, the era of anonimity is now past.

If I was a Canucks player I'd want to move the team to another city. This same thing happened in '94 when the Canucks lost the Cup finals. Vancouver has more than its share of lawless yahoos just looking to create mayhem. I hope the photos help to get them all behind bars. Maybe keep them there until the Canucks win the Cup!

Dan

Well, it wasn't all bad...

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...cture-everyones-talking-about/article2063781/

vancouver_riot__1287691gm-t.jpg

It was one heck of a final series. As mentioned above, Thomas played on his head. In addition, the Tim Thomas story is pretty darn motivating.
The after affect in Vancouver was disappointing at best.

It was one heck of a final series. As mentioned above, Thomas played on his head. In addition, the Tim Thomas story is pretty darn motivating.
The after affect in Vancouver was disappointing at best.

There was no after "affect." However, the after effect certainly was inappropriate of the participants.

:eek:)

That always seems to happen when the Cup is won by a visitor in the other team's arena. It happened somewhat in Philly last year for the Blackhawks. But it was particularly loud last night. I wrote some of that off to a passionate general dislike (not isolated to Vancouver) of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, who is usually treated like he was Steve Bartman, and looks just as dorky.

No riots in Philly after the Cup loss.

Vancouver? Check.

Montreal? Check.

What's up with them Canadians?????? Angry people, eh?

Back