Yellowagainbird

Yellowbird

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Yellowbird
But first, she gets her stripes laid out.

100_1556.jpg

New paint. I'm going to see about getting the prop tips painted with white/red/yellow stripes to match.

100_1588.jpg

All she needs back here is a red Cardinal decal.

100_1587.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job. I've keep an eye out next time I'm at DLZ. Thanks for taking care of an old bird in need.

That is NICE!

The Cardinal was the prettiest airplane Cessna built (well, OK, except for the 190 / 195). That paint is mighty fine.

More pics, from today's trip to the paint shop:
The wraps come off.
IMG_1007.jpg

I've decided to have the prop tips painted to match.
IMG_1008.jpg

Hanging the flaps.
IMG_1003.jpg

You don't want to know how much that N-number cost.
IMG_1001.jpg

I still need to pick the Cessna logo and Cardinal decals for the tail.
IMG_1002.jpg

Nice! I like the way you made the white numbers stand out against a light colored background.

is there something special about the n-number? Why would it cost a lot? (admittedly, I'm prepared for the forehead slap when someone explains the obvious to me.)

That plane is as beautiful as any I have EVER seen - she's gorgeous!!

Dang, we're not going to match anymore. Now you'll have to get your Cardinal repainted in the same design, with red instead of yellow. :D

Trust me, the pressure is on. Every time I see you do a major improvement to Yellowbird, it makes it a tad harder to open my hangar door and take my beater Cardinal up for a flight. :)

Man... that gets nicer every time I see it!

But there is no "ugly" Cardinal.

Trust me, the pressure is on. Every time I see you do a major improvement to Yellowbird, it makes it a tad harder to open my hangar door and take my beater Cardinal up for a flight. :)

Well, other than your fat wallet with money in it to buy lots of gas! ;)

Back