PayPal

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent)
Error Message

Starting in January 2012, your PayPal account will be temporarily deactivated and you will not be able to send or receive funds using your PayPal account until you provide your consent to our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy.

Please read and accept the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy now.
We'd like to continue providing you information about your account electronically such as through email, web pages, and .pdf files.

In order for us to continue sending you information about your account electronically, please read and accept our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy today.
I AgreeI Agree
I have read the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent) and agree that PayPal may provide information to me about my PayPal account electronically. I confirm that I can access and print or save emails, web pages and .pdf files that PayPal sends or otherwise makes available to me.

would you agree? in so doing continue their service?

Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent)
Error Message

Starting in January 2012, your PayPal account will be temporarily deactivated and you will not be able to send or receive funds using your PayPal account until you provide your consent to our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy.

Please read and accept the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy now.
We'd like to continue providing you information about your account electronically such as through email, web pages, and .pdf files.

In order for us to continue sending you information about your account electronically, please read and accept our Electronic Communications Delivery Policy today.
I AgreeI Agree
I have read the Electronic Communications Delivery Policy (E-Sign Disclosure and Consent) and agree that PayPal may provide information to me about my PayPal account electronically. I confirm that I can access and print or save emails, web pages and .pdf files that PayPal sends or otherwise makes available to me.

would you agree? in so doing continue their service?

If you are using paypal solely to pay..... this is a non-event and you will not notice any change in practice.

If you use paypal to GET paid/receive income then what you are doing is electing to get electronic notification of anything they typically would have sent by mail, such as a 1099..

They are stating they will charge you a fee for any PAPER copies of anything they do/could email you (with the exception of the 1099, which I bet is required by law to be sent free of charge).

Is this a problem for you?

However, if that note arrived in an unsolicited email, I'd not click on it. I go directly to the paypal site, sign into my account, and see if it was noted/requested in there.

It sounds phishy to me. I got no such notice, and most of my income comes through PayPal.

-Rich

I just logged in to my PayPal account and got the same message. I don't think I've ever gotten a piece of paper from them in the first place. It looks to me like I'm just agreeing to them doing what they're already doing.

Paypal goes through recurrent bouts of grandeur/dementia... At one time, and strictly as a purchaser of goods, they refused to process anymore of my payments (via credit card) unless I gave them direct access to my bank account... Given that my businesses at that time carried a large average daily balance on deposit at the bank that was a non starter from the get go - and there were horror stories at that time period about PayPal sweeping cash out of accounts just based on someone whining about something... Yeah, I could have started a dummy account with a hundred bucks and given them access, but I have this mental defect called principles... Anyway, I told them not just no, but hell no... And BTW they can go whistle for the $4k-$6K I was pumping monthly through them for materials...
After a few weeks the drugs their doctor put their account supervisor on began to work and I got an email from her canceling the demand for bank access and asking to kiss and make up... So I did, but not to the volume of monies I was doing previously... Once burned, twice shy... Plus my main supplier agreed to carry a commercial 30 day account in place of PayPal to keep my business - they saved enough money on PayPal charges that they gave me a one percent credit on payments within the 30 days - a win-win for both of us..

denny-o

It sounds phishy to me. I got no such notice, and most of my income comes through PayPal.

-Rich

same here, for years my business has mainly used Paypal...never seen that before

I just logged into PayPal and did get the message. It was the first screen to appear upon logging in.

Tom: wasn't it PayPal that screwed you over on some transaction that you sold to a bozo?

HR

Tom: wasn't it PayPal that screwed you over on some transaction that you sold to a bozo?

HR

Yes and I have not used them since.

I'm simply ignoring the notice. and not agreeing with the policy.

Back