Ron Levy retiring from MC

Thanks Ron! Please say you'll still be attending lunch's & fly-ins & such! Beth and I enjoyed meeting you last year in Reading for lunch.
Really, I'm not going away or anything like that, just getting out of the PoA Management business. Everything else continues as before. And I expect to be at the NE Flyers lunch at Reading PA (KRDG) tomorrow.

Well, I try to teach people to fish, rather than toss fish to them...

Build a man a fire, he's warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life :mad3::yikes:

I probably haven't said it before, but I appreciate your knowledge and wisdom. I have learned more from you than all the CFIs I have ever known.

Really, I'm not going away or anything like that, just getting out of the PoA Management business. Everything else continues as before. And I expect to be at the NE Flyers lunch at Reading PA (KRDG) tomorrow.

Even us taildragger pilots appreciate your advice and expertise!

Deb

Good grief! Does this mean we get more like Bock and Spike?

Nice work, Ron.

Ron:

Nothing wrong with retirement! :D

Thanks for all the effort and time.

Gary

Thanks Ron. I always enjoyed your posts.

Terry :smile:

Oh, gee.

And I just signed up here.

Everybody keep in mind that Ron isn't bailing on PoA, he's just giving up his duties as MC member. So although he won't be doing any of the fun stuff like moderating forums and banishing members, he'll still be giving us plenty of his flying, instructing, and legal eagle stuff (because he can't resist:D).

Thanks for everything you've done Ron. We don't always see eye to eye on things, but I always come away having learned something or thought about things in a way I've never looked at them before. I owe you a beer if our paths ever cross in person.

Thanks for everything you've done Ron. We don't always see eye to eye on things, but I always come away having learned something or thought about things in a way I've never looked at them before. I owe you a beer if our paths ever cross in person.
You're welcome, and beer's good.

It's a deal then. If you find yourself at Eagle Creek Airpark (KEYE) or in Indianapolis in general just shoot me a message and we will meet up for that beer. I'm literally across the street from the runway at KEYE. Otherwise, if you'll be at Oshkosh this year we will be up there.

That goes for anyone on here BTW. Our door is always open for our pilot friends.

Hey!

I am a newby to this sight and I must say, compared to most of the other ones I've seen, you have done an exceedlingly fine job. Only wish I had found it sooner!

I'm really late to this topic. I haven't been online much lately.

I'm very glad that you're not going away, Ron. I always value your opinion on flying and the legal stuff. I have learned more from you and Dr. Bruce than any others in recent years. Thank you for taking the time to teach us. I appreciate your efforts.

I don't even know you Ron, but from one post that you responded to a question that I posed I can see that you are a man who is described well by the following quote by John Jay Chapman:

“Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent, and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself.”

Thank you!

I don't even know you Ron, but from one post that you responded to a question that I posed I can see that you are a man who is described well by the following quote by John Jay Chapman:

“Benevolence alone will not make a teacher, nor will learning alone do it. The gift of teaching is a peculiar talent, and implies a need and a craving in the teacher himself.”

Thank you!

Well said, sir.

Rhank You Ron for all that you have done for PoA and the rest of Avaition in general. Your Friend and fellow pilot Dave Gaiski

Well, I try to teach people to fish, rather than toss fish to them, but in any event, I'll still be giving fishing lessons here, just not running the bait and tackle shop, so you can save the eulogies for later. But thanks for the kind words anyway.

And we appreciate the lessons. You show how things are connected, why they're connected, and back it up with references.

If stepping down from the MC keeps you in the fray for longer, then welcome back to the ranks of the users.

This showed up as a new item in my CP. Doh.

How did I manage to completely miss the date on this?

How do I attach a time machine to my post?

Comments still stand though, if 1.5 years late. :)

Necropost.

I like how some forums automatically lock threads from new posts once they are over xx months from the original post AND xx months since the last / most recent post. Effectively prevents necro posts on very old threads, while still allowing ones like the Joke Friday thread to continue.

Ron,
I just joined the site as you can see. Maybe you'll have a "little" more time for flying now. Incidentally, the 200hp Cheetah was at Gaston's last year: apparently doing great but still needs the underside washed. Hope all's well with you. N749MC

Man, I would love to fly in a 200 HP Cheetah. That'd be a CheeGrrrr-r-r-r!

As you all probably know, the MC are all volunteers and the moderation of the board is all done gratis on our own time.

Is it too late to point out the quoted sentence not only contains redundancies, but that it repeats itself?

Each member of the Board and MC has contributed their own talents to POA.

I'll believe that when I see one of them on America's Got Talent.

(Any of them Internet mimes?)

Last edited:
Man, I would love to fly in a 200 HP Cheetah. That'd be a CheeGrrrr-r-r-r!

I first met Ron when he did the first test flight plus subsequent flights on the "hyper-cheetah". It has an engine out of a 200hp Arrow. I think the entire project/STC development cost appx $166K, not including the Cheetah. That performance increase didn't come cheaply. W/o question, Ron was the obvious choice to test the plane. I was the back-up pilot.

I first met Ron when he did the first test flight plus subsequent flights on the "hyper-cheetah". It has an engine out of a 200hp Arrow. I think the entire project/STC development cost appx $166K, not including the Cheetah. That performance increase didn't come cheaply. W/o question, Ron was the obvious choice to test the plane. I was the back-up pilot.

"Back-up Pilot" to Ron Levy.

Is that something like "Bodyguard" to Chuck Norris? :D

As a newly certificated pilot I have enjoyed, learned and tried much of your advice, challenges and offerings.
Thank you for your dedication to a sport I love.:cheers:

Is it too late to point out the quoted sentence not only contains redundancies, but that it repeats itself?

I'll believe that when I see one of them on America's Got Talent.

(Any of them Internet mimes?)

Uh? Don't have better things to do on a Friday night then take jabs at a many year old post?

I wondered when someone was going to notice the necroposting!

I rarely ask for this, but can this thread be deleted to keep it from coming back up. I don't think Ron needs this reminder every time some jackass thinks he's being funny.

I rarely ask for this, but can this thread be deleted to keep it from coming back up. I don't think Ron needs this reminder every time some jackass thinks he's being funny.

Deletion sounds too extreme. Closing the thread would accomplish what you're looking for.

Back