Update

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hello all,

Just posting to let everyone know that I will be graduating OTS next Thursday, making me a Lt. and starting my journey towards becoming an Air Force Pilot.

Feels good to be underway!!

Best,

Good for you, Rudy! Glad to hear things are going well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the update, Rudy. :)

Where do you go next? When do you start flying?

Thanks for the update, Rudy. :)

Where do you go next? When do you start flying?

I go to Colorado on March 19th for Initial Flight Screening (IFS)
I will be flying DA20's there and then move to Vance AFB in June for UPT where I will be in the T-6.

WAYTOGO Rudy.

The T6 is a blast. Just remember, Rudy, as a Lt. you have to do things the USAF way. I had to unlearn a lot of stuff. You have to UNLEARN all your sensible PVT ASEL training grandpa gave you.

You'll do good. :) not that you'd ever forget the cherokee.

I remember coming out of OCS thinking I had just been through a washing machine.....

Last edited:
Wow! Congrats, Lt. Rudy!

To think we'll be able to say we knew the Brig. Gen. way back when.

I go to Colorado on March 19th for Initial Flight Screening (IFS)
I will be flying DA20's there and then move to Vance AFB in June for UPT where I will be in the T-6.

How neat! The new version of the T-6 is very cool! :yes: The old version is cool too. :D

I bet your family is very proud of you! :)

Rudy, when will you have a break to come home? Tom and I could have a forum fly-in at the farm, in your honor. :)

Congratulations Rudy. If you get B-52s my son will fix your mechanical screw-ups. Advanced flight training is the same as 8th grade science - spit back what you're taught. You are obviously very sharp. We are proud of you. Kick ass !

Congrats Rudy - keep up the good work. I don't know much about this, could you end up being a UAV pilot or are you safe from that?

I remember coming out of OCS thinking I had just been through a washing machine.....

Yo, Doc. You must be f-ing kidding me. With all due respect, my oldest son just started his second tour. We attended his graduation from boot 5 years ago. Paris Island makes your washing machine feel like a teacup ride in the WalMart parking lot.

Still humbled by your KSA,

Steven

I will be home periodically throughout the training Diana, not positive on dates yet. And I was hired by a Guard unit so I am guaranteed into the KC 135 right now or new tanker when the base gets them.

Thanks for all the words,

Hello all,

Just posting to let everyone know that I will be graduating OTS next Thursday, making me a Lt. and starting my journey towards becoming an Air Force Pilot.

Feels good to be underway!!

Best,

Congrats OT!
The work is just beginning, which training base are you headed to?

I made that OT to 1LT transition about 28 years ago.

And I was hired by a Guard unit so I am guaranteed into the KC 135 right now or new tanker when the base gets them.
Cool! Does that mean that you already know where you will be located after training?

Rudy Belewdy, you are rockin' and rollin' - thanks for the update!

Yes, I will be in Topeka at Forbes Field.
That's great! :yes:

Will you have access to a 'regular' airplane that you can use to join us at fly-ins, like at Miami County for BBQ, and Beaumont?

When I was based out of Topeka, I used to fly up to Forbes for monthly staff meetings. It was always windy up there!

I did some really dumb, dumb stuff at Forbes when I was a student and newbie pilot. :redface: The guys in the Forbes Tower were very, very patient with me.

I wonder if Million Air still has those free yummy chocolate chip cookies.

Back