How far to your plane?

10 minutes by Miata
15 minutes by Blazer

Unless it has snowed.

One stop sign between here and there.

I know that, you know that, but for some reason she doesn't get as urpy in a Diamond. I think it has something to do with the better visibility.

IME, the Diamond will catch more bumps (due to its longer wing) but they tend to be a bit gentler as well (probably also due to its longer wing). And maybe she's not as worried about the newer airplane falling apart. ;)

I personally drive 1:30 these days - Used to be just 1/2 hour, but I moved and the club situation just isn't as good here as it was there - So I'm still in the same club, I just drive farther to go fly.

And, a Diamond DA40 is a large part of the reason I do that...

There's also nothing that says you can't be in the club with the Diamond at the far-away airport and use that for trips with the wife, AND rent locally when you just want to poke holes in the sky with ol' 38J without your wife.

It's about 13 miles from the house to the hangar and I can make in 15-20 minutes most of the time. Just the other day I hit all but one traffic light on the green and set a new world record time of 14:05!

I'm working on building an office in my hangar so the drive from work might be zilch someday.

The plane was 55 miles, 1.5 to 2+ hours away all though my primary training.

Now it's 2.5 miles away driving according to Google maps. It's a little over a mile to the end of one runway.
And when did you last fly it? :incazzato:

35 minutes on weekend. Tried once to get there for night flight at 6PM on weekday - took me 1 hour 30 minutes. Living in Los Gatos, flying from Hayward (HWD).

An hour and 15 minutes early on a saturday or sunday before traffic gets bad. Can't look a gift horse in the mouth though. My buddy lets me use it any time he's not flying it.

3.5 Miles =10-12 minutes through town, depending on traffic. 30-40 minutes total to wheels up, depending on how long it take me to get the keys, preflight, oil, gas, etc.... Sometimes I go back to the FBO for one or two times...

10 miles, about 20 minutes. Just a little long. The old one that closed was 4 miles/10 minutes. That was great. I rented for awhile 40 miles/50 minutes and that really cut into my flyning.

I keep mine at our ranch in Nor Cal. Takes two minuts to walk to the hangar.:thumbsup: Kind of neet, eh

Tim

Archer/C182/DA-40 are 10 minutes from home or work. The Towplane and glider are 1:15 unfortunately.

52 miles, about 1 hr. The upside is, it's possibly the best and most active GA airport in the midwest (C77). Lots of interesting aircraft, actvities and people.

It's maybe 300' to our hangar, but we have to kinda go around the barn. I can make it in less than a minute, but lately it's taken longer to get there because of the snow drifts.

It's maybe 300' to our hangar, but we have to kinda go around the barn. I can make it in less than a minute, but lately it's taken longer to get there because of the snow drifts.

I envy you so. :)

It's about a 45 minute drive to FTG from home, about 30 minutes from work. Rush hour traffic can kill those numbers and turn either drive into over an hour.

The interesting thing is I got a call last night about a t-hangar potentially available at BJC which would only be a 20 minute drive from the house. The price is right so I may be moving in a month or two. BJC is windy compared to FTG but it's on the correct side of the DEN Bravo for most of my flying.

It's about a 45 minute drive to FTG from home, about 30 minutes from work. Rush hour traffic can kill those numbers and turn either drive into over an hour.

That's what it was for me from Lone Tree when I had the Tiger hangared at FTG.

Now its about 12.5 miles and 20 minutes to my current airport.

And when did you last fly it? :incazzato:

Didn't I tell you how I go about solving problems I don't have?...like I bought and installed the aileron trim after a bad experience flying with a severely unbalanced fuel load and then never again flew with an unbalanced fuel load?

About 25 minutes. Enough time for me to be calmed down from a hectic day of work. It's also 25 minutes to the house afterwards so that I'm so *giddy* after flying that I drive my family crazy :)

5 minutes. 2 mile drive. 1 mile as the crow flies.

About 100 yds from my office. Less than 15 minutes from home

OK... now some of you are really showing off here and making the rest of us jealous. NOT nice!! :incazzato:

My hangar is about 25 minutes away from my home. Not awful, but I've always thought it could be better. I'll have to work on that! I've always thought that if I won the lottery, or a rich relative that I didn't even know I had died, I'd move to Sandy's Farm in Ohio or a similar airport subdivision development. :idea:How very nice it would be to have your hangar attached to your home in the backyard. Dreamin' again.

9 hours and some change if I go through that cesspool to the SE. Would be around 8 hours if they knew how to drive.

9 hours and some change if I go through that cesspool to the SE. Would be around 8 hours if they knew how to drive.

Yeah, but your current hangar choice is a bit further away than your standard one.

About 3 miles / 5 minutes.

BJC is windy compared to FTG but it's on the correct side of the DEN Bravo for most of my flying.

The understatement of the year. Glad you're getting a hangar up there. I've seen whole rows of rentals flying above their tie-down cables up there in the Spring and Fall.

Watch out for their older T-hangars up there. Many have a significant "lip" to push the aircraft over and the rolling doors on some are hard to get all the way open and hard to tell that they're rolled all the way there, I guess.

I say this because the CAP squadron up there pushes a 182 every other year into a door. Not trying to pick on them, just seems "epidemic" up there.

I never had a problem with that same style door and a Cherokee 180 I flew out of there many moons ago, but I had about a 1/2 hour long lecture from the owner about how insidious the rolling doors were, and the hangar walls had a red paint line that would show unless you rolled all the way open, that the owner had added. His hangar was relatively level.

The CAP hangar supposedly is uphill and folks seem to get a "running start" at getting over the lip at the door and whack a wing. They've also tried winches to pull the airplanes in, etc.

Anyway, that's a lot of words to say... Look at the doors and their mechanism carefully up there at BJC. Those ones that roll are wing biters for some folks.

I can't talk. I dinged the wingtip paint on our bird when the wind unlatched a folding door and it shut about a foot without me noticing. 1" scuff is all, but I was so ticked and mad and terrified all in the same moment... Ugh. All it takes is a second...

Back