Flying Wild Alaska

but that line girl in unakleet makes me wanna move there! she's smokin! a bit crazy... but my kinda crazy... :)

Sorry to break this to you, but there's something like 3 men for every woman in Alaska.

You're going to have to beat up at least 2 Moose-eating Tarzans before you'd have a snowball's chance in hell of getting near her. Just the way it is up there. :dunno:

Sorry to break this to you, but there's something like 3 men for every woman in Alaska.

You're going to have to beat up at least 2 Moose-eating Tarzans before you'd have a snowball's chance in hell of getting near her. Just the way it is up there. :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cslbz3X2mQE

After watching the first 30 seconds of this, I wouldn't count anyone out just yet :wink2:

Ummm.... Ariel "has never been kissed' because all the men in town are her cousins.

"Where's the pole?!!!!!"

(Which status is subject to change now that she's more prominent on television. Hundred of guys trying to book a flight to Unalakleet, AK in 3, 2, 1....)

Ariel was on "Wipeout" whatever that is, which is where the reality show producers latched on to her family. She's also listed as being on the show crew. "Balloon boy" Dad should have been so lucky.

Last edited:

maybe, but they are all her cousins

any one with designs on that young lady, better be ready to eat the seal flipper when it comes out of the ground 2 months.

How hungry was the Eskimo that was the first to eat that?

Oh Hey, here's a 3 month old rotten seal, yum yum.

Somewhere I heard a joke about the male:female ratio in Alaska - " You never break up with your girlfriend, you just go back to the end of the line."

I can see that being true for the overall, as in, you're going to have only men taking on the oil rig and mining jobs, but in a small indigenous village it has to work out to be pretty much 50-50 unless they're killing off females.

I can see that being true for the overall, as in, you're going to have only men taking on the oil rig and mining jobs, but in a small indigenous village it has to work out to be pretty much 50-50 unless they're killing off females.
Or the females decide to leave.

Here's a little excerpt from Title 17 of the US Code before you go downloading stuff:
http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#504
§ 504. Remedies for infringement: Damages and profits5

(a) In General. — Except as otherwise provided by this title, an infringer of copyright is liable for either —

(2) statutory damages, as provided by subsection (c).

(c) Statutory Damages. —

(2) In a case where the copyright owner sustains the burden of proving, and the court finds, that infringement was committed willfully, the court in its discretion may increase the award of statutory damages to a sum of not more than $150,000.

Overall, I really like the show. The hamming it up for the uneducated masses "He is now flying in a fog bank and is flying completely blind!" or "They could cause an international situation by flying into Russian airspace" even though their 430 has a good 1/2" between the a/c and the a/s line and they are zoomed out to 150nm - is a little annoying but well worth it to see Mr. Tweto landing the 180 in a snow-covered dog-leg runway in an area 200+ miles away from the nearest road.

The whole family seems to have their heads on straight, so I guess they have to ham up the flying part to get any drama squeezed out of it to keep the sheep happy.

No kidding. Probably the smallest plane they have.

I wasn't that impressed with the quality of instruction what little I saw of it.

No kidding. Probably the smallest plane they have.

I wasn't that impressed with the quality of instruction what little I saw of it.
Well, no, they have a 180, not that her Dad would ever let it go. But I'll certainly concede that the producers aren't trying to make her look like a rocket scientist!

Well, no, they have a 180, not that her Dad would ever let it go. But I'll certainly concede that the producers aren't trying to make her look like a rocket scientist!

Well, my comment was about the "instructor", not Ariel. But yeah, editing makes the "reality" rather suspect.

And I don't think the 180 belongs to Era Alaska. I think that is Jim Tweto's personal plane. It is registered in an LLC that isn't Era.

Besides, being a taildragger, I would think the 180 would be harder initially to learn in than a 206 or 207.

Last edited:
I know two kids that learned in the family Otter. You can learn in any aircraft, it's just a matter of how long it takes.

For a first flight lesson that was a "try it out" thing as opposed to someone who already has the drive, I thought it was ok.

I think that her father is worried about her lack of passion for something to do (besides being on TV).

Watching my first episode. A guy just used a pond to slow himself down to get into a short strip by dipping his wheels in the water prior to reaching the strip. :hairraise:

It looked like the water was very shallow where he dipped into it, but it's still a scary concept.

Looks like next week's episode they'll be dealing with some pretty nasty winds.

I've watched all the episodes, and so far they are all pretty good. Just ignore the stupid reality TV stuff. The rest is very enjoyable.

I hope they keep showing Ariel taking lessons. It's something that the general public doesn't see too often and it might inspire some folks to take lessons.

I liked the babes in bikinis at the end!

Wha... No Alaska Wing Men tonight? :dunno:

They only had made three episodes last I heard. They have agreed to make seven more, but I'm guessing that not enough time has passed to get them done since that decision was made.

They only had made three episodes last I heard. They have agreed to make seven more, but I'm guessing that not enough time has passed to get them done since that decision was made.
:(:(:(

it's such a good show!

Oh well I got Flyign wild and ice pilots nwt to keep me happy until it comes back

Back