FAQ for other site names?

When did the yellow board go down? I have been doing this for almost 9 now, I think.

Sometime in late 2004 / early 2005, right around the time PoA came into existence. I can't remember exactly when -- I joined PoA during one of the initial "waves" in Feb of 2005.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Signed up here 2/23/05 and 6/17/05 on AOPA. In the first wave on both after the origianl AOPA was taken down.

Pretty long time for the e-world. Thanks folks.

I posted on the AOPA board when it was on Compuserve!

google shows a post by me in rec.aviation.military from Dec. 8, 1993 ... hmmm, I wonder what THAT was? :) The archives are reported to be unavailable.

When did the yellow board go down? I have been doing this for almost 9 now, I think.

The yellow board went down shortly after PoA was established in early 2005... And several weeks later, was replaced by the red board. As I recall, there was even a thread about it going down here, with someone claiming to have made the last post.

I remember the very last post on the Yellow Board. Several of us were on-line when it went down.

"So long and thanks for all the fish."

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=863

That's the one.

I really haven't been back much since the yellow board went down - For the most part, the people I remember corresponding with there are here.

I specifically remember Lance, Diana, Ron, Dave, Bruce, and Barry from back then.

I do miss having some of the folks here who originally made the jump but have faded away since - Carol, Chip, Ed Guthrie, Greebo, Brian Austin, and let's not forget John Lancaster (RIP).

(I really need to read and respond to these threads a little faster after I open them.)

Some of the rec.aviation... refugees have been around since the '80s...

Uh-oh, I was there. :) Wow... A galaxy long ago and far away...

As far as ketchup goes, or catsup... You folks can't even figure out what to call it, but it's generally evil on just about everything except maybe meatloaf. :ihih: Mustard is allowed on everything, however... Including French fries.

As a side-note, another one really old-timers will remember is the AvSIG at Compuserve which seems to still be going on the web, but as a pay-to-play kinda place.

Thanks for all the info and the rainbow decoder ring. I really do appreciate it! And I've already been to my first unofficial PoA fly-in gathering here in Colorado after only two weeks here, so that's about as cool as it gets! Meeting real people is cool!

I only ticked off a couple of 'em! I swear! :wink2:

The day after we met, the temperature dropped below 15F and stayed there... Someone mentioned something about "hell freezing over" at the get-together, but I missed it... :confused: :wink2:

Just up here in the middle of the night putting the finishing touches on the next episode of the Mile High Flyers podcast (yes, we know it's spelled wrong) to hopefully release before this weekend, and decided I needed an editing break. PoA was my first thought, so it must be a sign y'all are friendly or somethin'!

I think I was on the yellow board a couple of years or so before it went down and came back up red. Didn't hang around long after that. I do remember my "introducing myself" post over there, with the infamous "Santa Claus checkride" joke, thinking I had something original. They let me hang around, even after that faux pax. :)

And, by the way, anyone who calls Purple Board administration "Lard A$$," has clearly never met Kim Pardon, who (in point of fact) is a babe.

Yup, and an all around good person as well.

Attachments

• Kimmie.jpg
    Kimmie.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 46
:eek::eek::eek:

How many people have this bicycle picture saved on their computer??

It's disturbing. Right, Spike?? :confused::confused::confused:

...don't bother *me* none, sweetness... :wink2:

CompuServe??? Bah!! :hairraise:

Lemme guess -- Prodigy, too? :D
I don't remember Prodigy having an aviation board and I knew pretty much all of them until I left in 1989 or 90. But I wasn't a pilot then, so it might not have caught my interest.

:eek::eek::eek:

How many people have this bicycle picture saved on their computer??

It's disturbing. Right, Spike?? :confused::confused::confused:

Aww come on it's a flattering picture of you, Kim. I'm pretty sure that spike has worse :D

Aww come on it's a flattering picture of you, Kim. I'm pretty sure that spike has worse :D

hehe i'm pretty sure i've got one of spike on my home computer that is much worse...

Well, don't just sit there --- POST IT!!! :devil:

as funny as i find this picture, i'm pretty sure spike posted it here first and would not be embarassed by it at all.

Attachments

• spike.JPG
    spike.JPG
    668.8 KB · Views: 27
Back