KOJC - KIXD - K34 - KLXT (and anyone esle)

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
It's been a couple years since we've done this, so we are overdue:

Tuesday, 14 December, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ, 11:30AM.

Hopefully we can get a couple of table's worth of folks for lunch.

PM for directions (will try to work out a ride from OJC if anybody plans to fly in.)

Edit: It's the OK Joe's in Olathe!!

Last edited:
Ive tried to get into that place twice now. Had to give up both times and make a run for Bryant's. Everyone says Joe's is the best. One of these days it will work out.

Ive tried to get into that place twice now. Had to give up both times and make a run for Bryant's. Everyone says Joe's is the best. One of these days it will work out.

The trick is to get there no later than 11:30 for lunch, or pretty much anytime for dinner. The lunch line will stretch out the door (and it's a long way from the counter to the door) if you wait too long.

Well, I posted this this morning, and I've been thinking about OK Joe's all day. Just got home from eating dinner there.

It's still on for tomorrow - sounds like it's be closer to 7-8 people.

Where exaclty is the location ? Im still coming.

S/E corner of I-35 and 119th St. It's tucked in there pretty good right between the interstate and the outer-road. Behind the Wendy's, next to Tractor Supply.

First one there should try to grab a couple of tables. Maybe a couple of the picnic tables in the back side of the dining room.

S/E corner of I-35 and 119th St. It's tucked in there pretty good right between the interstate and the outer-road. Behind the Wendy's, next to Tractor Supply.

First one there should try to grab a couple of tables. Maybe a couple of the picnic tables in the back side of the dining room.

If anyone is flying into OJC I can give a ride also.

We had a couple folks cancel out for a couple reasons ranging from flu (a lame excuse), and maintenance, but still had a decent turnout.

Here's our group photo:
Ryan, Kim, Jim, one of the world's nice guys, Mike

Oh, and Jim, I also tossed in a couple pictures from my dad. His buddy took them when they were in VietNam in '66-'67, 4th Infantry. Maybe they'll look familiar.

Attachments

• OK_Joes_gang.jpg
    OK_Joes_gang.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Slide4.JPG
    Slide4.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Slide5.JPG
    Slide5.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 6
Jim, so nice to meet you!! Looking forward to seeing you around the airport!!

Thanks so much for inviting me. I had a blast. Also, thanks for the photos. Here's one of mine. Not surprising I wonder who the old guy is that now looks at me in the mirror. :wink2:

eogns.jpg
[/IMG]

Jim, so nice to meet you!! Looking forward to seeing you around the airport!!

Kim, the pleasure was mine. I'll certainly try to make the Chili-fest on New Years. Maybe I can reduce the grumpy level of the usual suspects :wink2:

Back