Icom Antenna Switchbox Schematic

scudrunner

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
scudrunner
I am missing the cable that connects the Icom antenna switchbox to a handheld radio. Icom doesn't sell the cable separately and I don't want to spend another $80 on it.

If someone has this installed in their aircraft, could you please do a continuity check to verify the wiring of the cable. One end of the cable has an 1/8 inch (mono or stereo) plug and the other end of the cable has a male BNC.

Is the 1/8 plug mono or stereo?
What does the BNC center pin connect to on the 1/8 plug?
What does the shield/ground connect to on the 1/8 plug?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

I am missing the cable that connects the Icom antenna switchbox to a handheld radio. Icom doesn't sell the cable separately and I don't want to spend another $80 on it.

If someone has this installed in their aircraft, could you please do a continuity check to verify the wiring of the cable. One end of the cable has an 1/8 inch (mono or stereo) plug and the other end of the cable has a male BNC.

Is the 1/8 plug mono or stereo?
What does the BNC center pin connect to on the 1/8 plug?
What does the shield/ground connect to on the 1/8 plug?

Thanks in advance.
Dave

Center pin on BNC is wired to the tip of 1/8" plug. Outer ring/sheild of BNC is wired to the non-tip portion of the 1/8" plug. It's probably a mono 1/8" plug, as there's only a conductor and a sheild with BNC connectors.

Back