Grand Caravan. Wow. I want one.

Something magical about this plane. I'll never forget the first time I ever saw one, sitting on the ramp. I'm just a C172 guy but a very high performance single engine high wing a/c is a dream/fantasy. Maybe even better than a small jet. It carries a big load, and is a sngle hi-wing piston.
It is a turbine - not a piston.

I used to fly a Caravan on straight floats. The only one I ever saw. 8PAX 155KTS 4 Hour fuel.

and outside of Angola and the former eastern block you are hosed if you need mechanical help.

You can fix anything on that airplane with a hammer, a screwdriver, a bucket of screws and a fifth of vodka.

(and the screwdriver is optional.)

Rather than buy a million plus dollar aircraft to haul your motorcycle it seems cheaper to buy a hundred thousand dollar airplane and rent a car when you get there.

Last edited:
Rather than buy a million plus dollar aircraft to haul your motorcycle it seems cheaper to buy a hundred thousand dollar airplane and rent a car when you get there.
Anyone who buys a hundred thousand dollar personal airplane - or a million dollar personal airplane - isn't doing it because it's the most economical mode of transportation.

Anyone who buys a hundred thousand dollar personal airplane - or a million dollar personal airplane - isn't doing it because it's the most economical mode of transportation.

Depends on how often you use it and where you go. But for the most part I would agree.

Back