Spring Needs to Come, and Soon!

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
#5 = December 16, 2005: Twitchell's Airport. I should have it out of there soon.
#6 = Same day: Lewiston-Auburn Harley-Davidson.
#1 = Same as #6.
#2 = Original mileage; still under factory warranty.
#3 = Yes, I weakened. But L/A H-D will store it until Spring.
#4 = Don't need it for the Harley, but it'll fit nicely in the Skyhawk.

Spring- Spring, hear me ye'rNING.

HRPhoto sequence SNAFU Stand by.....see corrected identities.

Attachments

• 009_9.JPG
    009_9.JPG
    319.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 010_10.JPG
    010_10.JPG
    497.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 011_11.JPG
    011_11.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 013_13.JPG
    013_13.JPG
    358.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 014_14.JPG
    014_14.JPG
    407.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 017_17.JPG
    017_17.JPG
    458.8 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Nice bike, JC. Ya think people will see you coming?

LawrestonSpring- Spring said:
Nice bike! I have a buddy with an 883, at least that is what it says on the outside. It's presently putting down 96hp at the rear tire.

Wow I've never seen Twitchell's like that, but then again I 've never flown there in the Winter. Happy Birthday! Feliz Dia de Reyes!

Bill Jennings said:
Nice bike! I have a buddy with an 883, at least that is what it says on the outside. It's presently putting down 96hp at the rear tire.

Thanks, Bill(and CarolT). Having sold my '79 XLCH a couple years ago(had bought it new), and my 80ci full dress HOG last May, it's been the first period since 1959 that I didn't have a Harley sitting within a couple hundred feet of my bed. I couldn't stand it any longer. I don't anticipate any long-distance touring, so I figured the 883 will be fine for normal riding and to/from the airport.

Its original owner ran into some financial and wifely woes, and the dealer bought it back from him. My garage is full(Austin-Healey, and the U-HAUL load of furniture I brought back from Scottsdale), so the dealer is storing the Sportster until Spring, and will be putting on the black leather saddle bags and compact windshield. That's it -- I'm shopped-out -- although there is that T-hangar I'm viewing: 41' x ??', electric bi-fold door. But not heated. Would I still need to preheat the Lycoming? Oh, Spring; where art thou?

HR

TeenDoc said:
Wow I've never seen Twitchell's like that, but then again I 've never flown there in the Winter. Happy Birthday! Feliz Dia de Reyes!

Aw, thanks; someone's been peekin'.

Are these your more familiar references to Twitchell's?

HR

Attachments

• Twitchell's Airport.jpg
    Twitchell's Airport.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 9
Lawreston said:
Aw, thanks; someone's been peekin'.

Are these your more familiar references to Twitchell's?

HR
Exactly! How are Mike, the other Twitchell and the Old Man Tom O'Connell doing?

TeenDoc said:
Exactly! How are Mike, the other Twitchell and the Old Man Tom O'Connell doing?

Mike and Dale(the other) are well. It was their brother, Terry, who bought my Skyhawk after the accident, supervised its rebuild, and from whom I'm buying it back. Tom O'Connell is as crusty as ever -- typically, Tom.

For other readers' info: Tom O'Connell is a former airline pilot and is a continuing CFI at Twitchell's, and Auburn-Lewiston Airport. He has his own landing strip at his home not far from Auburn. When John McKernan was governor of Maine his personal pilot was Tom O'Connell. John's wife is Maine's U. S. Senator Olympia Snowe, and when she(and John) are in Maine Tom is her(their) personal pilot. He, also, flies as a "spotter?" for the Maine Forestry Dept., or it may be Fish and Game Dept.(?????) His beat-up station wagon is always carrying a cargo of loaves of bread. ??????????? He goes to the bakery outlet and gets the outdated loaves to feed to his pigs. An interesting chap, eh, TeenDoc?

HR

Back