ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I can't get into it anymore.

http://www.martinaviationgroup.com/

Is the dream dead?

[FONT=tahoma, book antiqua, arrus bt, arrus, arial, century gothic, verdana, bookman old style, roman, times new roman]MAG is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! This is a late MAG! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! It's shuffled off this mortal coil! It's run down the curtain and joined the choir invisible! This.... is an EX-MAG![/FONT]

It was down a month or two ago -- right around the last time we had the discussion. One day, up in all of it's epileptics-nightmare glory, the next -- pffft. I forgot about it, if you can believe it.

I for one find it difficult, nay, impossible that such a brilliant scheme could possibly fail. Not with that roster of top global corporations. Not with a visionary such as you-know-who pushing the dream. I suspect some chicanery among less-visionary, jealous competitors, who could not stand to see East St. Louis elevated to the upper echelon of global finance.

Looks like he changed "Martin Aviation" for "Martin America". Makes sense to take down Martin Aviation Group.

Ahhhhh.

Man that is always good for a chuckle.

Tee hee. What a freakin' joke.

But... ummm... where are the GVs and the Rolls Royce limos an dthe Sikorsky helos???

It seems like his other website is still up and running:

http://www.martin-america.com/

I guess he's building his own version of America :eek:
Part of me cannot help but wonder if the Florida Martin Aviation Group, Inc. that is a really business and had been around prior to the Troy Martin Aviation Group got tired of seeing their name bandied about with the St. Louis dream project.

Just looked the website over. Sounds like he hasn't figured out how to pay for it. I don't suspect much more will come of it.

residential-header.jpg

I've always wanted to live in a black cube apartment building tract! Unfortunately, I don't qualify for Section 8 housing.

Somehow I get the feeling that his website had more hits in the last 2 days, because of this thread, than in the last 2 months.

I like the picture where Troy is in the Cisco demo bus, showing the Cisco guy something on his PDA.

Wow...I was skeptical, but they have Cisco logos on all their computers, so obviously they're serious:
ciscouser-950.jpg

Wow...I was skeptical, but they have Cisco logos on all their computers, so obviously they're serious:...
Their ISO 9000 secure global computing grid cloud data center appears to be in a bus of some kind. Perhaps this shows their commitment to mobile networking.
-harry

"Timmy see right here is where I penetrated the ADIZ and almost overthrew the US Government."

...and Scott wins the water-through-the-nose award! :goofy:

"So you're sayin', I just press this, and I can set a special ringtone for my mommy?"

I missed the first discussion of this, and am so happy you guys brought it up again.
It has to be the most ridiculous pipe dream I've ever seen. $5.5 million for the "cheap seats" condominiums... in Cahokia, IL. But wait! That includes a limo! A Rolls Royce! The attempted show of like-mindedness to supposed "rich person" sensibilities is incredible. It's a real estate offering, and they have a picture of a Rolls. Also, did anyone notice the photo of the "development site" where the center of the frame is dominated by a conspicuously parked Mercedes S-500?
It's like the authors are waaay desperate to prove their rich guy cred in order to be taken seriously by people who would actually attempt to finance this hot mess.
Maybe it will get built. Enjoy East St. Louis, gentlemen.

Last edited:
... Also, did anyone notice the photo of the "development site" where the center of the frame is dominated by a conspicuously parked Mercedes S-500? ...

This was from a video in which the excited principals all gathered in an empty field to have their pre-construction photo-op. There's this great part where the Mercedes pulls up, and the driver pops out, trots around and opens the door for Mr. Martin's grand entrance. It's greatness.

As you might note, there's a big Cat dirt-pusher sitting there... and a concrete truck, and some other random construction equipment.

Sorta cute in a ... clever ... kind of way.

I often wonder what Mr. Martin does for a living; he certainly seems to have some website-building skills.

Back