Hook 'em Horns!

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
My Texas Longhorns- and especially, Vince Young- had something to say.

Message receieved, loud and clear!

Anyone notice that Vince Young had more rushing yards than the vaunted Reggie Bush, Heisman Trophy winner?

Hook 'em!

You've come up a ways since losing to MY WSU Cougars in the 2003 Holiday Bowl. Congratuations on a well fought game.

Oh, and this defeat couldn't have happened to a more deserving band. I can't think of a college band I detest more than U$C. Much as I hate the huskies (uw), I hate U$C's band more. Somebody, please, buy them some new music! :D

Last edited:
That game was awesome. I was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of hearing, USC this, USC that. I said last year after Texas beat my Wolverines (no comments about how bad they sucked this year) in the Rose Bowl, I said Texas would win it all this year. Now hopefully, Young declares for the draft the Saints would take him. Yes, I'm a Saints fan.

I think I'm going to be sick.

:vomit:

It was a great game and no doubt the better team won. Did I mention I'm not feeling well?

Ever notice how the Trojans remind you of Marvin the Martian (aka Commander X-2)?

"Oh goody. My Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modul-a-tor."

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom."

and, of course,

"You have made me very angry. Very angry indeed."

Couldn't bring myself to watch after staying up all night on Tuesday to watch Penn State's win over FSU. Oh the marathon game that was. I really like college ball but I have to say that in my opinion the Networks or someother commercail enterprise is destrying the Bowl games. The games should be between the 25th and New Years day. More commercial breaks than the super bowl. They are dragging them out for extra revenue I can't even watch with my kid anymore they are so late, unless of course we want to watch the Spinach stuck between your teeth bowl played in Wahoo Kentucky between Southeast Idaho culinary institute and Mabel's college of cosmotology.

Gotta LOVE JOE PA

Congrats to all you Texas fans

gibbons said:
I think I'm going to be sick.

:vomit:

It was a great game and no doubt the better team won. Did I mention I'm not feeling well?

I have a really nice Texas Longhorn hat I'll bring you today:D Ah yes... all is right with the world!!!!!!!!!!!:goofy:

wsuffa said:
Ever notice how the Trojans remind you of Marvin the Martian (aka Commander X-2)?

"Oh goody. My Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modul-a-tor."

"Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom."

and, of course,

"You have made me very angry. Very angry indeed."

Bill:

Thank you very much for my coffee-spit-on-the-keyboard moment for the week!

It was a classic game that certainly could have gone either way. I'm disappointed but that's college football. I can't believe any of you Texes fans would say that USC isn't a great football team.
Lance
USC BSChemE '70

I thought you migh have been there Spike.

I was pulling for Texas, it was an awesome game though.

Lance F said:
It was a classic game that certainly could have gone either way. I'm disappointed but that's college football. I can't believe any of you Texes fans would say that USC isn't a great football team.
Lance
USC BSChemE '70

Lance:

Anyone who says that USC is not a great football team is in some alternate reality.

And, by the way, anyone who thinks Pete Carroll made the wrong call on the 4th and short is also nuts. SC makes that 1st down nine times out of ten, and ices the game right there. It's always easy to make a better call, after the fact.

Still buzzing!

/s/ Spike

PS- Wish I coulda been there!

Ok - I gotta attach this. I cropped another pic to do it. Sorry guys.

BTW - don't count on the Saints getting Young, I suspect that Houston will take him number one, leaving Bush to go to the Saints.

I suspect that serious roster changes will be happening in Houston this year, and Young will be the first start.

Last edited:
Here's what I expect to happen with Houston. They just signed their RB to a contract. So they won't be taking Bush. I think David Carr is still the QB there, he just needs to get some protection from his O-line. I expect Houston to trade their #1 pick and get a whole bunch in return for it, and THAT team takes Reggie Bush. Although I think hs stock may have dropped seeing that he had a VERY hard time getting outside in the Rose Bowl. This leaves the Saints at #2. They are cutting or have cut Aaron Brooks. This leaves them looking at a QB, especially with what they have invested in Deuce McAllister. Leinart (please, anyone but him!) and Young for them. Of course Tom Benson claims he lost $45 million this year because of Katrina, and I can see Matt Whineart pulling a crybaby Manning with the Saints, and I could see them trading down as well.

This draft will be interesting. I think the Saints may get Young, simply because Houston has a good young QB and RB.

Assuming that Bush and Young both leave early, of course.

Last edited:
N2212R said:

Assuming that Bush and Young both leave early, of course.

Spike's prediction:

Young will be back.

Of course, I could be wrong....

SCCutler said:
Spike's prediction:

Young will be back.

Of course, I could be wrong....

With the way he has improved each year (and he was pretty good when we played him in the Holiday Bowl when he was a Freshman), he'll be positively scarey next year if he stays in college.

Ghery said:
With the way he has improved each year (and he was pretty good when we played him in the Holiday Bowl when he was a Freshman), he'll be positively scarey next year if he stays in college.

Unless he breaks his hip or leg and is rendered unable to ever play football again. (god forbid)

If he stays in college it had better be for the education. He's not gonna get any more money from the NFL by getting one year older.

Back