Save the date, Fly-In Sept 25, EDE

Amelia

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Amelia
Plan to join us in Beautiful Historic Edenton on September 25, 2010 for a fly-in/community open-house at EDE, Northeastern Regional Airport. Probably will be from 10-5 or so, hope to have area military big-iron, both static and fly-over demos, RC demos, food vendors, free airplane rides, exhibits from charitable flight organizations, etc. Camping and airplane parking are (as always) free, though you'll need to bring your own tie-downs. If camping and fair-food isn't your style, reserve a rental car, and check into one of the beautiful B&Bs. There are also excellent restaurants in and around Edenton. If mama would rather do historical tours and shop than talk airplanes, that's a pleasant option in this lovely colonial small town.

There'll be more info and reminders as time draws nearer, but put it on your calendar now. Hope it will provide a good excuse to meet some of you.

Sounds like a great time to explore the area. I get an extra flying fix and we can both enjoy some get away time. I'll add the date to our calendar.

We were there in April. Beautiful town, nice airport, FRIENDLY FBO. I really loved the smiley face on the fuel tank, looking right at you as you come down the taxiway to the ramp.

Mary and I made a day trip in yesterday. Most of the main street shops were closed but we did get to explore. Had lunch at Cheros, scouted the hampton inn, multiple B&B's and the waterfront.

The men working at the terminal were a hoot. So nice to deal with and gave perfect directions to town and things to see even on a sunday when most places would be closed. There was a courtesy car available, first come first serve. I hope we can make it back for the the fly-in!!

Journal Entry for KEDE - Edenton, NC

So far, the weather looks like it's going to be great on Saturday! (fingers crossed) We'll be delighted to see you, share our lovely airport and pretty little town. The town will provide minivan transportation into town (3 miles away) for those who'd like to come wander around the village, take the historic tour, and sit on a park bench and watch sailboats. For those who live and breathe flying, there'll be no need to leave the airport. I expect it to be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
Gary, what a great write-up. Glad you enjoyed your afternoon here, and hope you'll come again. Next time, I hope you'll give us a call, and arrange to have lunch- or better.

I'm really interested in hearing from anyone who went. My grandmother lives near ECG so it would be a great place to stop next year...

By all accounts, it went well!
Keep in mind, this town has 5000 residents, so our events tend to be rather small and charming, rather than vast and exciting. That said, we had a blast, and hope those who came did, too. The EAA guys from EC came and gave over 40 Young Eagle rides, we had several dozen gorgeous antiques and homebuilts, lots of shiny old cars, several dozen fly-ins, and hundreds of locals, who were thrilled with their free rides. Fly-bys included a Coastie C-130 for a couple of low passes (the crowd cheered and waved) a Xi Casa, (more cheers),and an AirTractor spray run with epa-approved water- the crowd loved it. A parachute club from Washington NC showed some impressive moves and accuracy within a foot or two, a couple of choppers, fire engines, old cars, and more. Something going on all day, and lots of rides. Great day, I thought, all the more impressive for the hard work all the airport bums put in. I'm still smiling!
Don't know when the next one will be-- probably the year after we forget how much work went into this one.

Back