And Then...

dammit. I'm sorry to hear this, Spike - I just read it and want to extend my sympathies and prayers for healing toward you, your family and his friends. Sounds like he was the sort to not require any prayers for his soul, but I'll do one, anyway. :(

Spike - I just read this thread - don't know how I missed it. Please accept my condolences and sympathy for your loss. You have my prayers for peace and comfort in your time of loss. Relive and replay the memories - they last forever and are a great tribute to your dad.

Spike,
So sorry to hear this. The best memorial you can give him is to raise Tommy as well as your Dad raised you. He did a great job, and that reflects well on him.

There are still days when I think that I'd like to show my Dad or tell my Dad something or just get his opinion on something. Our parents may pass, but they're never forgotten.

Again, condolences. Give Tommy a hug. How's he taking it?

Spike,
So sorry to hear this. The best memorial you can give him is to raise Tommy as well as your Dad raised you. He did a great job, and that reflects well on him.

There are still days when I think that I'd like to show my Dad or tell my Dad something or just get his opinion on something. Our parents may pass, but they're never forgotten.

Again, condolences. Give Tommy a hug. How's he taking it?

Grant, Tommy is taking the best of us all; he is very strong in his faith (a good lesson for us), says that he misses "Pawpaw," but knows he's with Jesus.

Grant, Tommy is taking the best of us all; he is very strong in his faith (a good lesson for us), says that he misses "Pawpaw," but knows he's with Jesus.
That's good to hear, and it is a lesson for us all. See, you've already done your Dad proud! :yes::cheerswine:

WORDS----- They seem so inadequate at a time like this. Spike, I wish I was there to give you a hug to really show you how I feel right now. You have a lot of friends as shown by these two pages of well wishes. I have lost both of my parents and I know how hard it is. This to shall pass, and time heals all. Hang in there and our thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.......

Here's his Obit...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?n=sewall-cutler&pid=145618809

...reads like a pretty nice guy.

By the way, the Texas Voice Project is an outfit which has developed and enhanced the application of the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment therapy, a method by which Parkinson's sufferers are able to regain or retain their voices, and (in my Dad's case) the ability to swallow.

I credit Texas Voice with extending my Dad's life by two solid enjoyable years, at least.

If you know anyone with Parkinson's, make sure that hey are aware of this therapy; it is not all that widely known, and it is remarkable.

Nice....so do you play tennis too?

Nope. Was threatening to become quasi-decent in high school, then got rheumatoid arthritis, couldn't pay (could barely walk) for several years. In remission now, but the "moment" was lost.

I might yet take it back up... y'never know.

Today, we said goodbye.

In a gathering of friends and family, we told stories, ate Mexican food (my dad loved that) and hoisted glasses of cold stuff in his honor. We had the remembrance at facilities of The Texas Voice Project for Parkinson Disease, where they do remarkable work to help Parkinson sufferers to retain or regain their voice, and to be able to swallow. We credit Texas Voice and their remarkable people with giving my Dad at least two more good years.

My sister and niece came from Australia, we saw many friends not seen in a long time and just told a lot of stories about him. A nice thing.

...and the fair wind at his back.

---

Edit: This was just a year ago... http://www.texasvoiceproject.org/newsletterseptoct09.pdf

Last edited:
I never know what to say for moments like this, so a moment of silence is the best I can do.

Today, we said goodbye.

In a gathering of friends and family, we told stories, ate Mexican food (my dad loved that) and hoisted glasses of cold stuff in his honor. We had the remembrance at facilities of The Texas Voice Project for Parkinson Disease, where they do remarkable work to help Parkinson sufferers to retain or regain their voice, and to be able to swallow. We credit Texas Voice and their remarkable people with giving my Dad at least two more good years.

My sister and niece came from Australia, we saw many friends not seen in a long time and just told a lot of stories about him. A nice thing.

...and the fair wind at his back.

---

Edit: This was just a year ago... http://www.texasvoiceproject.org/newsletterseptoct09.pdf

Spike, I will pass along the word of the Lee Silverman Voice Treatment to a few friends of mine with Parkinsons. I don't think any of them have progressed far enough to need it, but I'm sure they'll love to know about it when it becomes necessary.

Back