Steve Jobs nabbed by airport security

Jobs said he’ll never come back to Japan
Probably a good idea not to go someplace where you're not willing to abide by their rules.

both private and public passengers are subject to the same security arrangements at the airport

Probably a good idea not to go someplace where you're not willing to abide by their rules.

Even better idea is to avoid places with idiotic rules.

I mean, come on, preventing him from bringing anything onto his
own airplane displays zero common sense.

Even better idea is to avoid places with idiotic rules.

I mean, come on, preventing him from bringing anything onto his
own airplane displays zero common sense.

This is the Japanese we are talking. Kamikaze pilots, anyone?

Sounds like he got caught at a Japanese airport that puts everybody through the same security procedures, regardless of the plane they're headed to.

BTW, saying "I'm never gonna visit Japan again" is ridiculously petulant.

Assuming any of this is actually true...
-harry

Apple claims it's not true, their statement:
“Steve did visit Japan this summer for a vacation in Kyoto, but the incidents described at the airport are pure fiction," the statement reads. "Steve had a great time and hopes to visit Japan again soon.”

Even if it is - who gives a crap - he probably didn't understand the rules and didn't think it'd matter on his private aircraft.

Story debunked.
Apple on Tuesday officially debunked a story from a Japanese tabloid that claimed Steve Jobs was stopped in an airport after he attempted to bring Ninja throwing stars onto a plane.

Update: After the story gained attention Tuesday, Apple gave an official comment to John Paczkowski of Digital Daily, dispelling the tale as false.

“Steve did visit Japan this summer for a vacation in Kyoto, but the incidents described at the airport are pure fiction," the statement reads. "Steve had a great time and hopes to visit Japan again soon.”

http://www.appleinsider.com/article...ing_throwing_stars_on_private_jet_report.html

Just because it ain't true doesn't mean the TSA won't be inspired by the idea.

Perhaps, but one could argue we never made it beyond 1984. :dunno:
Technically 1984 is a misnomer. When Orwell wrote the work of fiction 1984 he believed that world was headed in that direction and that is what the world had come to in 1948 . But he had written the book in a way to put it in the not to distant future so as to be allowed to make the social commentary without fear of reprisal from the current government that he was criticizing. When you consider that the book has been challenged many times as subversive and dangerous to the public you can understand why he wrote the social commentary as science fiction. Had he written a pure social commentary on the present day it may never have been published much less read.

Sounds a lot like Steve and I bet there's at least some truth to this. He's used to getting his way....

Or perhaps it's an innocent mistake and he wasn't aware of the rules for what can and can't be carried on his own aircraft?

People make those mistakes all day long. It's nothing new.

I really don't see the story in this. It's not interesting at all.

Name a CEO of a large company that isn't used to getting his way?
No, that's not what I meant. Steve is a lot less PC than most CEOs and that statement - that he'll never come back to Japan - sounds a lot like him....

I found out that there is not much, if any, infrastructure to support GA in Japan so I would not be surprised if the authorities are a bit clueless.

Story debunked.

Or is it?

What he’s done in reporting this is violate an unwritten rule of Apple coverage. Just as reporters in the 1930s helped cover up Roosevelt’s illness and in the 1960′s helped cover up Kennedy’s philandering, we in the Apple press community help cover up the fact that Jobs is a ninja. We’ve been doing it for years.​

http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/?p=1273 :rofl:

Or is it?

What he’s done in reporting this is violate an unwritten rule of Apple coverage. Just as reporters in the 1930s helped cover up Roosevelt’s illness and in the 1960′s helped cover up Kennedy’s philandering, we in the Apple press community help cover up the fact that Jobs is a ninja. We’ve been doing it for years.​

http://www.crazyapplerumors.com/?p=1273 :rofl:

It appears that at least some people on this forum don't believe that it is debunked.:dunno:

Just have to hold it like this......

Back