2005 Flight Hours.

How many hours did you fly this year? (2005)

• Total voters

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
I am at 195 hours. Should pass the 200 mark this next week. How many hours did you all put in this year?

At the end of the year I will be around 160 for the year. Looking through this year brings up many good moments. Including passing my CFI, my first real cross country (FL-PA), my first student that passed his checkride, my first student solo. I also forgot how many girls I took flying....

Just under 20. Those are mostly around the pattern or within 30 miles. It's too expensive to do much these days. For a retired guy who rents, the costs have just about limited me to just staying current.

Jim

If past history is any indication I will be in the neighborhood of 650 for the year, but I do it for a living. For the fun of it flying, I will be in the neighborhood of 60 or so.

Just over 100 here. 106.8 right now, will be about 110 by the end of the year.

But its been fun. I got my pilots license, flew to Gastons, flew to Lake Havasu and then to California, started the trip to all airports in New Mexico, started working on my instrument rating. This will probably be the most memorable year in aviation for me (since its really my first full year at it).

Great thread idea, Michael. It got me looking back through my logbook to see the stuff I've done!

Wish I had the money and time to do more flying:(

And to get the engine overhauled:(

Merry Fricken Christmas and Happy New Year too all.:cheerswine:

Don't have the logbook in front of me, but I'd say 115ish for 2005. Also completed in 2005:

Tailwheel signoff
Spin signoff
Basic Aerobatic course
Instrument Rating

This year?

Complex signoff
HP signoff (maybe)
Commercial (start that at about 200hrs, at 175 total now)
Start RV-8 construction (hopefully 2006, if not very early 2007)

Last edited:
about 65 from the end of april to now. all but the last few as a student :)

I will be close to 50, the plane was down for over a month for it's annual and work cut into my flying more this year.

Year to date, 660hr this year. I too like Greg, fly for a living. However, I would rather get my hours like he does and 8 to 10 a leg.

So, probably around 50 or so was for fun.

Brent Bradford

I'm going to be right under 900 for the year... they've been keeping me busy! And 0 for fun flying. not enough time!

This aint fair, ask last year or next year. My last PIC hour was in Feb. (21.3 hours then) My God, this year continues to be tough, medically speaking. Currently, my foot is swollen from an unknown ailment and hurts to walk (vicoden is my new buddy) and the docs don't have a clue. This is just the latest in a lengthy string of maladies which keeps me grounded. I keeping chugging along hoping for the best.

Merry Christmas everyone.

EDIT: looking at my logs now, I forgot the 5 hrs in early June practicing some aerobatics in the Decath.

Last edited:
208.6 as of 03DEC05. Happy Holiday Season to all of you cybernetic friends and fellow pilots. :yes:

This year? Around 100 hours.

Total.. not sure haven't added it up in quite a few flights . somewhere around 120 or 130 i think.

This year had my most flying 552 hrs. so far.
2 Ratings CFII airplane and helo
MEI checkride is scheduled Jan 4
Over 100 pleasure, 50 dual received, and 400 dual given.

Joe

125 of which 38 were in airplanes, the rest in helicopters. Good thing I sold out a 2/3 interest in the Cherokee!

robsingles said:
I also forgot how many girls I took flying....

Just use a column in your log book to keep track of that, works well for me.. Problem is now I don't have a spot for complex time..

Oh well.

About 650 hours for the year (doing it for a living) and about 5 hours for the pure fun of it...those 5 hours sure were fun.

Well i've had a bad year for flying, only got 31.5 in, but of those 31.5 most of them where in the Warrior and 4.5 was in Ed Gs 201 Mooney. But i should say also that i've been up with other pilots in their planes just not flying it, Dave G
MERRY CHRISTMAS,

Brent Bradford said:
Year to date, 660hr this year. I too like Greg, fly for a living.
About the same here.
However, I would rather get my hours like he does and 8 to 10 a leg.
I don't know about that! I think 1.5 to 2 hour legs are just right. :dunno:

I'm going to have to go with 0 for fun, though. :rolleyes:

175 This year. I'll not pick up over another 10 before the year is out, but quite a bit of flying planned for January. Most flying for my business with a little fun and games mixed in.

About 150 hours this year. Included in this was getting my IR and beginning work on my commercial.

Pushing 200 hours this year, all for fun, and most of them for pay.
Take care of that foot Richard but don't baby it.
Are you drinking enough ?

This has actually been a bit of a dilemma for me.

I was somewhere around 25-30 for the year. That's too low and I recognize it. Most of the hours came in the first quarter, with about 8 over the last two months. After a few months, I'll go up again with a CFI to knock the rust off. While he had some suggestions, for the most part I was safe and competent after a six month hiatus.

There is a part of me that feels I should just set it aside for a while, until school is finished and I purchase a plane. Another part of me says keep it up at the pace I'm doing, just recognize the proficiency issues and train for it. Still another part says dump more time into it to build hours.

Since I'm not nor ever anticipate going commercial (at least at a productive level), hour building wouldn't be toward a new cert.

Blah. At least I've got the PPL for life. Medical won't be an issue, at least for a while. :D

I've been between 130 and 150 for the last few years... all of it for fun except that hold above Traverse City for 45 minutes....

Dave Krall CFII said:
Pushing 200 hours this year, all for fun, and most of them for pay.
Take care of that foot Richard but don't baby it.
Are you drinking enough ?
That is a very good point, thanks for mentioning it. I have been fanatical about proper hydration for many years so I don't think that's it. I'm thinking some kind of peripheral neuropathy, gout has been ruled out by blood panels.

Iv'e got you all beat... For pathetic that is as of 12/26/05 only Twenty (20) crummy hours. Sigh. Lack of funds will do that. If I'm lucky I'll bump that up by a few by 12/32. Michael thanks for the poll it will give me something to work for next year.:(

I am somewhere around 20. between mucho traveling (and December was no exception - away every single weekend!) and the odd spot of weather, I think I got in on average close to 3x a month from April-November.

Re: 2005 Flight Hours. Not Enough

I managed to get in around 20 hrs. this year. That included my ppl checkride back in March. I need a reason to get in more flying next year, so I started my Inst. rating last week. Maybe the crummy summer haze and morning fog won't keep me grounded this year:D .

I got in just about 25-30 fun hours this year. Was cut short in late July early August. Best flight was in late September flying on the right side.
Sure do miss it.

John

Love to see all the hours folks getting to fly. I have flown about 110 hours so far, counting this evening:goofy:. My uncle and I plan to fly the new year in . . . . anybody else that crazy?

I have about 110 on the year. Next year I hope to have some more. I tried to go up for at least half an hour every nice day we had, missed some of course. Next year I will start my IR and hopefully be flying more and more as my life as a pilot continues.

I sort of have a goal to have more hours each year than I did the last.

Happy Flying in 2006 everyone!

I will hit about 110 hours this year. But with all my traveling I spent 4 months away from home. So that is not too bad for 8 months of flying.

Back