Best Pizza

Who has the best pizza?

• Chicago, fresh filled with cheesy goodness. It is eaten by the smartest and best looking people

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • New York, but what do I know, I have sex with farm animals

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Deep dish is lots of dough stuffed into pan

I gained 7 lbs in one weekend eating that **** (and drinking lots of beer) when I worked in ORD.
Thank God for P90X

I love deep dish. It's hard to beat Old Chicago or Domino's.

I love deep dish. It's hard to beat ... Domino's.

No it's not. Of all the chain pizzas they are the absolute bottom of my list. I haven't had Old Chicago, but Dominos has nothing redeeming about it whatsoever.

My gf makes a fantastic homemade pizza with Publix dough, fresh meat and sliced mozzarella. Excellent stuff.

Next time I am in Chicago the dinner shall include real Chicago Pizza.

I will say I avoid Uno's (there is a chain outlet a block from my office) like the plague.

No it's not. Of all the chain pizzas they are the absolute bottom of my list. I haven't had Old Chicago, but Dominos has nothing redeeming about it whatsoever.

Actually, in my travels I've found Domino's to be all over the board. In some towns they kick out VERY good pizza. In other towns my dog won't even eat it.

Mt new fave: Bleeker St. Pizza (yes, it's in NYC). I'm more of a thicker, chewy-crust guy, and Chicago-style pan pizza is OK, but these guys have the thin crust thing nailed. Not greasy, everything fresh, sauce that does not taste like the can... kind of place where you get a plain slice to go on the way out, even though you're stuffed. :D

I will say I avoid Uno's (there is a chain outlet a block from my office) like the plague.

Uno's. Blech. Blech. Wretch.

Actually, in my travels I've found Domino's to be all over the board. In some towns they kick out VERY good pizza. In other towns my dog won't even eat it.

I was going to make a comment about Domino's, but it would send the thread into Spin Zone.

Giordano's, corner of Cicero and 63rd, which is an easy walk from Odyssey at KMDW. :) BECAUSE IT'S THERE.

I brought home a SUPERLARGE stuffed half cooked one, my 20 year old and her friends at the whole thing before I could blink.

Nothing is better than the pizza you get at the pizza place next to Big Daddy's on Bourbon St at 4 in the morning!

Nothing is better than the pizza you get at the pizza place next to Big Daddy's on Bourbon St at 4 in the morning!

I imagine that at 4 in the morning, cold Elios pizza eaten off the barroom floor seems really good too. At the time. :ihih:

Agree!

I imagine that at 4 in the morning, cold Elios pizza eaten off the barroom floor seems really good too. At the time. :ihih:
No. We are picky about the pizza. We walked from one place after ordering simply because they didn't have a shaker with crushed red pepper.

Actually, the pizza was really hot, right out of the oven!
Yep! Both times we ate there at 2-4am the pizza was fresh from the oven. Very tasty. Plus you get to mingle with Big Daddy's clientele as you eat.

The long cooking time of Chicago pizza is one of the reasons NY pizza is thin. We're into production here, and no one has the time to wait around for an hour for a blasted pizza. Even our Sicilian pies have the crust partially pre-cooked to reduce the time from the order being placed to the pizza being enjoyed to 15 minutes, at the most.

And, of course, New York pizza can be enjoyed one-handed, without utensils.

4202016136_3abcaf859e.jpg

Although not recommended by the NYC Pizza Safety and Consumption Administration because of the possibility of burns to the groin, New York pizza can even be enjoyed while driving because of the unique foldability feature. Try that with a Chicago pizza.

But if you're from out-of-town, don't be embarrassed to ask for a knife and fork with your pizza. We understand that proper, one-handed pizza-eating is an acquired skill, and we don't expect you to master it during a weekend stay. No one will laugh at you. Not openly, anyway.

-Rich

That is NOT pizza, that is cardboard with cheese. No way in hell should pizza be able to be folded and eaten with one hand! :raspberry:

That is NOT pizza, that is cardboard with cheese. No way in hell should pizza be able to be folded and eaten with one hand! :raspberry:

I never saw that method until college. It completely marked the New Yorkers from the rest of the crowd (if the annoying accents didn't already do it).

I thought it was an abomination against the sacred pizza.

Now I do it too. Neater, more efficient.

I never saw that method until college. It completely marked the New Yorkers from the rest of the crowd (if the annoying accents didn't already do it).

I thought it was an abomination against the sacred pizza.

Now I do it too. Neater, more efficient.
It is pizza origami. The NYers are trying to make each slice look more substantial, like a Chicago stuffed slice. :D

NY Style. If I visit Chicago, I'll give them a chance to change my mind, but it's gonna be a tough sell.

NY Style. If I visit Chicago, I'll give them a chance to change my mind, but it's gonna be a tough sell.
Here's the address:
29 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611-2707

Supposed to be THE place for Chicago Pizza.

It is the place for pizza, if you are tourist who knows nothing about pizza and especially if you think NY pizza has redeeming qualities.

As someone else pointed out... NY Pizza wasn't responsible for the destruction of Meigs.

The long cooking time of Chicago pizza is one of the reasons NY pizza is thin. We're into production here, and no one has the time to wait around for an hour for a blasted pizza. Even our Sicilian pies have the crust partially pre-cooked to reduce the time from the order being placed to the pizza being enjoyed to 15 minutes, at the most.
Are you sure that all that rushing around is not because NY pizza is hardly worth stopping any other activity for and even NYers are trying to take their mind off of the cardboard with cheese they are stuffing in their mouths?

Neither was Chicago pizza. That was the mayor of Chicago. He may be a lot of things, but he is not a pizza.

But does he eat it? It could be influencing him. Who knows, a bad experience with the pizza could've led to his late night decision to destroy Meigs. You can't disprove it :p

Pizza sucks up excess alcohol.... and cures hangovers. :wink2:

Although some of the best pizza I ever had was at Oshkosh last year after half a bottle of Crown Royal. :D

Although some of the best pizza I ever had was at Oshkosh last year after half a bottle of Crown Royal. :D

Further to my point about anything tasting good (at 4am)/(after a bottle of Crown Royal)....:tongue:

Here's the address:
29 E Ohio St, Chicago, IL 60611-2707

Supposed to be THE place for Chicago Pizza.

Go there. Do not enter but walk 3 more blocks to Lou Malnatti's on Wells. You may as well get the pizza from the family of the guy who invented it.

This pizza seemed to vanish in about 20 minutes tonight!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• p_00037.jpg
    p_00037.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 97
Go there. Do not enter but walk 3 more blocks to Lou Malnatti's on Wells. You may as well get the pizza from the family of the guy who invented it.

+1. Or, head up north to Lou Malnati's original restaurant on Lincoln Ave. in Lincolnwood. Yummmm.

Back