word...

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
I've seen it a few times. What does it mean?

Thanks. Slang. I'm obviously not keeping up with the times.

Well, Peggy, that's actually a bit dated anyway. You say "word" and someone will probably look at you and say "lookit that old-school hip hop wannabe!"
:D

"Word" has been around since the mid-late 80's.

And the obligatory video:

"word" I got ... but had to google acronym QFT the other day ...

"word" I got ... but had to google acronym QFT the other day ...

Never heard that one before. I was very surprised that the "F" didn't stand for what i thought it would stand for. :wink2:

Word to your mother's uncle!

I have a habit of saying "Far out" on occasion. I missed most of that era, but "cool" and "groovy" were part of my lexicon, briefly.

So, one time I said "Far out" when I was teaching HS kids back in 2002 - they got a HUGE kick out of it. Just the funniest thing they had ever heard....

I have a habit of saying "Far out" on occasion. I missed most of that era, but "cool" and "groovy" were part of my lexicon, briefly.

So, one time I said "Far out" when I was teaching HS kids back in 2002 - they got a HUGE kick out of it. Just the funniest thing they had ever heard....
I never say 'cool' but I do say 'kewl' :D

but did you say it like John Denver did? :)

I do like fo shizzle. It's ludicrous, nonsensical, and seems to have no identifiable language of origin. Maybe it's Urban Esperanto. I do like it. I like Snoop too. He's laughing at the world and the world has no idea. I like that in a person.

I prefer the jello scene....

Back