Skyhawk owners/photographers, I need your help

terzap

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
terzap
I'm looking for an image of a Cessna Skyhawk in flight, a pilot side quartering view from the rear like this one (see attachment.) I need it to be part of a composited image I'm making for a book cover. My issue is, I don't have a lot of money for licensing (I've been on/off unemployment for over a year and struggling), but I can pay a modest amount plus make sure the client gives photo credits. (He's not paying me either: It's was a skill-for-skill trade... he was beta/proofreading another ms in exchange for me redoing his original (and really awful) covers. And I need to build my portfolio.)

I found this perfect image online and used it with several other comps in examples for the client and of course he liked this one the best. I thought I'd bookmarked the site so I could go back and get permission to use it, but... didn't bookmark, not even coming up with this same image in search... and getting frustrated. I've been to all the photo sites I normally search and ready to scream.

Then I smacked myself on the head and said, Heck, here I am, a somewhat prodigal member of the greatest aviation community online... maybe someone here can help me out...

Please?

Here is a link to the orphan photo I can't use, but want to. If you have one that looks like this and are willing to help me out, please let me know.
http://www.zapstone.com/dex_images/cessna-comp1.jpg

Thanks bunches!

Does this come anywhere close?
That was taken when I had departed KCON Concord, NH, en route to Wiscasset, ME KIWI; and playing with a GNS-430W for the first time.

HR

( 1971 C-172L Skyhawk)

Attachments

• N7872G Concord 072908_26.jpg
    N7872G Concord 072908_26.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Does this come anywhere close?
That was taken when I had departed KCON Concord, NH, en route to Wiscasset, ME KIWI; and playing with a GNS-430W for the first time.

HR

( 1971 C-172L Skyhawk)

It might work just fine! The final composition has the airplane at such a distance I don't think the slight directional change (more across than away) will affect it. Let me stick it in there tomorrow and see how it looks. I just shut down photoshop and unplugged my tablet/stylus stuff for the evening.

Sending you a PM.

Back