An absolutely perfect day in the PNW

Ghery

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Ghery Pettit
Spring/summer has FINALLY arrived. At least for today. Spent too much time pulling weeds again, but I broke free this afternoon and got to the airport a little before 5 PM. Grabbed the 182 and flew across the Cascades to shoot a T&G at YKM, then came home. OLM-YKM-OLM, 2.1 hours on the Hobbs and immense good work for the mind. OLM-YKM at 9500 MSL and YKM-OLM at 10,500 MSL. Seattle center provided their usual outstanding help with FF. And, something new. The FBO that I would have called for gas when I got home heard me in the pattern talking to OLM Twr and was waiting at the hangar when I pulled up. And, a fellow Cougar, to boot. All in all a great way to finish the day.

It was a lovely day! I think it was the first sunny and mid 70s day we've had since... since... September last year. Glad you enjoyed it!

Awesome day! Tomorrow looks good here too.

I am thinking of flying from Montana via Spokane to Everett some time in August. Any recommendations/tips/best route for crossing the Cascades that time of year?

Holy carp, what absolutely stunning and clear photos. Hello old friends! Thanks for posting them.

Awesome day! Tomorrow looks good here too.

I am thinking of flying from Montana via Spokane to Everett some time in August. Any recommendations/tips/best route for crossing the Cascades that time of year?

VFR and go around the big rocks. At 9500 MSL eastbound and 10,500 MSL westbound today there was only one I had to dodge, Mt. Rainier. :D

I had been waiting for three weeks for good weather to get my new to me RV-9A across the rocks from BC to Ontario. Photo of the Crowsnest Pass at 9,500 ft. on Saturday.

Attachments

• BC to St Thomas 014.jpg
    BC to St Thomas 014.jpg
    582.3 KB · Views: 13
No so much today....... Brrrrrrrr 56 here now.Brrrr this is junuary......

Amazing day here, too. 78 degrees in the afternoon, high 60s at night, light breeze, not a cloud in the sky, visibility basically unlimited, humidity very low....

Sort of reminded me of yesterday. Or two days ago. Or last week. Or the day before that, even! :p

Back